Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rrednek

Daughter's bike stolen... happy ending?

I have a good feeling about this one! Keep up the good work! Jeff
  2. rrednek

Daughter's bike stolen... happy ending?

Justin, I know I only pop in here every once in a while, but I felt the need to reply. In life we have to deal with all types of situations and I try to reflect on the statement below. As Christians, we are all trying to become more Christ-like. In the end, you showed the kid compassion and...
  3. rrednek

Sand Rover DONE! (finished pics pg 5, sand video pg 7)

Re: Sand Rover is FINISHED!!!! (finished pics page 7) The Sand Rover looks great. I must say though, that you and the rookie are pretty brave to be tooling around the carwash that late at night. Also, I have known for a while that the rest of the world revolves around Eastern North...
  4. rrednek

Need Leg Room

ok, again thanks to all. Love the cranbrook. Helps me "see" what my bike should look like. Jeff
  5. rrednek

Need Leg Room

Thanks to both. Really good ideas. I am waiting on a set of 13 inch tall ape hangers. I think they will help. I have looked at the 7/8 layback seatposts like this or this Know they would give extra leg room, but wondering how they hold up to my 250 lbs. Could just lose the 40lbs I need to...
  6. rrednek

Need Leg Room

Bought this Western Flyer a few weeks back. $20 Stripped it down, greased it up, tube up some old tires and it is a rider! I am looking for more leg room, so for now I have raised the seat and bars. I am looking a set of apehangers, and am pondering a layback seat post. What kind of...
  7. rrednek

YEAH She can RIDE now!!!

Thats awesome. It is a moment you will never foget. Looks like a good place to ride. Jeff
  8. rrednek

Nightime Mountain Biking

A good friend of mine,and a friend of his ride it at night regularly. I never have. But this summer I took my youngest daughter to ride it for the first time. We started at the canal museum and crossed Roanoke Ave and less than 200 yards down the first down hill she hit a rut and wiped out...
  9. rrednek

West Coast Chopper Bike

I'll bet you $40 bucks you could get more than $50 dollars around here for that bike shined up. In fact, I hereby offer $50.01 which is a net $10.01 to you as seller after you pay up on our bet. :D I would have bet a larger amount, but wanted to be fair to you! Jeff
  10. rrednek

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Well, that may have just been the best hour I have ever spent on line. Thanks to all who posted the old pics!
  11. rrednek

#HOP

Really like this bike. I have a murray that I am currently building in a similar way but in a brighter color. Your bike really gives me a picture of my vision. Good Job!
  12. rrednek

*The 76er*

The bike and pictures turned out great. I, like the others, really appreciate the attention to detail you put in the bike and your build write-up. In my opinion, your write-up and details wins hands down. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I also enjoyed following your ride around town in...
  13. rrednek

*The 76er* (I. Think. I'm. Done. update: 7/29)

Re: *The 76er* (Rack work, need advice! update: 7/28) Changed my mind after Kingfish's comment. On the rear of this bike I think......................................................... Less is More! Either way I still have 3 Votes! Most importantly, Build it like you see it! Jeff
  14. rrednek

*The 76er* (I. Think. I'm. Done. update: 7/29)

Re: *The 76er* (Rack work, need advice! update: 7/28) I think it looks good. If you keep the rack boards, you may want to consider torching the ends (cuts) to match the face. Bike is looking great and filled with neat ideas. Signed, Local Guy with 3 votes! :D
  15. rrednek

Western Flyer Middleweight

When I first saw it, I wanted it for the wheels to use on a murray middleweight build I am working on. But after looking at the bike and letting it get used to its new home, I really hate to part it out. Probably going to change out the handlebars and seat and leave it mostly intact.
  16. rrednek

Thanks! I opened the photobucket account and it was easy from there.
  17. rrednek

Sorry for the small pic. I can't seem to figure our how to make large.
  18. rrednek

I was riding through town after a short rain storm tonight and I see this bike parked on the sidewalk, no lock, with a paper sign that says For Sale and gives a phone #. I turn the truck around, call the number and the guy says he is taking offers. I said I will look at and call him back. He...
  19. rrednek

North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! (map added 10/8/12)

Re: North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! Roanoke Rapids Native. Neighbor and friend of Yoothgeye. NC State Grad. Girls Soccer coach. Love to tinker with almost anything. Been riding bikes all my life, but lost the last 15 years or so on bikes due to job and small children. Children are...
  20. rrednek

25 FREE bikes in the last 3 days

I have a perfectly good little girls bike that is rideable as it sits. If you have an outlet to give them away, I would like to bring it by so some little girl gets a bike. Right now it is just sitting behind my shed. Jeff
Back