Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Fej

Key West by Bike Brokers cruiser bike

Interesting bike. With that fork it's almost a klunker as-is...
  2. Fej

1941? Colson/Goodyear Clipper

Sweet. Thanks for the confirmation!
  3. Fej

Colson Clipper and more

Awesome finds! More than a little jealous of how much nicer your clipper is than mine.
  4. Fej

Colson gallery...

Just picked up this 1941 Colson/Goodyear Clipper. In the process of stripping and rebuilding.
  5. Fej

Started tearing the bike apart today. Pretty much all the bearings have issues... Front hub spins great but is loose and feels dry, rear hub doesn't spin well and the coaster brake needs a rebuild, bearing races in the headset are shot and the bottom bracket cups aren't much better. Took a lot...
  6. Fej

Clippers seem to popping up all over the place recently. I found this bike on my local craigslist today, I took one look at those fender braces and I knew I was about to make a bad decision... It appears to be a Colson/Goodyear Clipper that is missing the tank, chainguard, the correct rack...
  7. Fej

Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

Yeah, its a "ghetto" steering damper. I've seen people using steering dampers from street bikes and dirt bikes to dampen the steering. As far as I know it works, no wobble and there is a bit more steering resistance.
  8. Fej

Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

I just got into gravity bikes in the last couple days (partially thanks to this thread) and finally decided what to do with the bmx bike i've been failing at selling. Yesterday it looked like this: And after I finished with it today it looks like this:
  9. Fej

Sick Bike

But wait, there's more! Link: http://humboldt.craigslist.org/bik/2445391016.html
  10. Fej

Sick Bike

I'm curious if there's anything solid underneath all the sand, gravel and rust. Link: http://humboldt.craigslist.org/bik/2445024727.html
  11. Fej

How did you come up with your AVATAR ? And Screen Name ?

Bob Lutz pimping next to a Opel Kadett he rolled on a test track. What more needs to be said?
  12. Fej

Identification help

I bow down to your superior knowledge. Now that you've pointed it out I can see subtle differences between the Elgin and Schwinn. Looks like there's hope after all. Guess I'll put a wanted ad up. Thanks for the info.
  13. Fej

Identification help

Thanks! Stoked to finally have a good idea of what it is. Been bugging the heck out of me for three years. I remember thinking that it looked like filler was used to make the "fillet" between the top & bottom tubes. Are you sure thats a Schwinn in the picture? Cause the frame looks identical...
  14. Fej

Identification help

Back in 2007 I walked past this bike almost daily going to class at SJSU. At the time I knew very little about bikes, and never did more than take this picture and do a few walk-arounds. I immediately fell in love with the frame and have been trying to figure out what it was ever since. Found...
Back