Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. davy B

boardtrack races

sorry if there has been a thread like this in the past... from what I understand the board track races were outlawed in the early 1900s after an accident killed several people, and while the accident was a tragedy the premise of the sport is undeniably exciting! my question is why hasnt this...
  2. davy B

JC Higgins rebuild (done)

I got this bike about 3 weeks ago, really excited, out of all bikes i have owned over the years this is my first Higgins. I am two-faced when it comes to rebuilding bikes, on one hand i love seeing bikes that are restored to original sale date quality and then on the other hand i think that one...
  3. davy B

JC Higgins

got this at a garage sale, I assume it is a Higgins because that is stamped into the coaster-brake bar, if you have any other information i would really appreciate it. Sorry this pictures are so bad, the battery in my camera died and i dont have the charger with me.
  4. davy B

boardtrack racer (a little early) maybe?

hey, i feel this build is a bit early in the build process to be posting but i figure starting the post will give me some accountability to finish. I dont know alot about engine mechanics but im going to try, I learn by doing :D I dont have a motor yet so if anyone has advice about anything...
  5. davy B

Greta

hey, I got this bicycle several months ago, it was in pretty rough shape but when i find bicycles like that, that's when i am most excited about them, so for this one i decided to leave all the rust on the frame and just do a simple clear coat. oh... and when i say the bicycle was in rough...
  6. davy B

PhilCo floor radio restoration

I have decided to use this Christmas break to restore this floor radio, i dont know how i will do because i dont know a ton about electronics but im excited, its fun diving into this blind like i did the first time i took apart my bicycle when i was 9, any mistake i make will be a learning...
  7. davy B

inherited tallbike!

so it the college i am attending there has been a tradition going for some time involving this bike, when the owner is a senior he gets to pass the bike down to one of the freshmen of his choosing, this tradition has been going for around 10 years i am told, the only lineage i know is that it...
  8. davy B

what bicycle is this?

i am away at college and my mom picked this up for me at a garage sale, any ideas what it is?
  9. davy B

bending metal tubing

so im planning on building a concept bicycle from scratch and in my drawings the seat-stays are going to arc down like most cruiser frames do, i talked to my dad and he told me that he sold our metal bender several months ago, so as of now i dont have to many ideas. do any of you have clever...
  10. davy B

my 3 favorite bikes

20 years old, been riding bikes since i was 3, been riding bmx for almost 12 years, ridden road bikes for 8 years now and been restoring and ratting for 8-9 years bmx: sputnic satelite frame, ody race forks, kink badgers, s&m redneck lt stem, odi's, profile 180s, 25/9, ody rims and f.tire...
  11. davy B

need some inspiration for a rear bicycle rack

i remember about a year ago someone made a rack that was wooden and had a small wooden tobacco box attached to it, i would like to make a similar rack. if you guys could post pictures of racks you like that would be really great! P.S. if this has already been a thread please direct me to it...
  12. davy B

this guy does fantastic leather work

sorry if this has been posted before, this mans products look fantastic, hope you enjoy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/WalnutStudiolo
  13. davy B

lets see your bmx bikes!

i bought 2 old school ones last week that i am restoring, auntill then lets see yours. here are mine
  14. davy B

Firestone Pilot build, does this qualify as a rat rod?

so i got the frame and fork out of a 'bicycle grave yard' and used parts from a western flyer. i would have documented my build in the bike build section but i found out about this websight half way through the build so i didnt. sorry for the bad pictures completely rebuilt wheels, that...
  15. davy B

what Bicycles/parts you have always wanted but never owned?

(sorry if there had been a thread like this before, im kinda new here) I have always wanted a Schwinn Phantom, just something about the way it looks is very appealing to me, i saw a beautiful one at a garage sale once but the owner wanted $800 i didnt have :( , that and chris king hub set...
  16. davy B

get some moose horn handlebars for your bike :)

:lol:
  17. davy B

im new here, a little bit about myself

hey, my name is davy, i am 18 and i have been into bikes since i was about 4 or so, i have been ridding BMX for 10 (going on 11) years and have been riding road bikes for around 5, i restore old bicycles as a hobby, i wish i had known about this site years ago so i could have recorded the work...
Back