Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. davy B

boardtrack racer (a little early) maybe?

hey, several months ago I got my dream job as a bicycle mechanic! it has been very interesting and I have learned alot, but along with working on bikes all day at work makes me more eager to ride when i get off work instead of build when i get home. also finding the right parts was harder than i...
  2. davy B

boardtrack races

Love that race!
  3. davy B

boardtrack races

sorry if there has been a thread like this in the past... from what I understand the board track races were outlawed in the early 1900s after an accident killed several people, and while the accident was a tragedy the premise of the sport is undeniably exciting! my question is why hasnt this...
  4. davy B

hey everybody, so sorry about my delay with this, i have gotten hung up on finding a set of forks and and a motor that will work(the B&S is a no-go) for this build I want the bottom bracket to be parallel with both the front and rear axels, the only type that will work and not look out of place...
  5. davy B

Gran Pa's 28" klunker

wow! i really enjoyed this! creative use of wood for the tank and valve caps! i love the seat too! very well done!
  6. davy B

JC Higgins rebuild (done)

Re: JC Higgins rebuild hahah! YES! love that movie!
  7. davy B

Re: JC Higgins rebuild ^^all that was a week ago. I have been working at a bike shop/Locksmith for the past 4 months (13 hour days these past two weeks), mostly doing lock jobs but i get to work on bikes from time to time. I got done with a public school locking job a little early today so I...
  8. davy B

Re: JC Higgins rebuild hammered the tip flat.. i love this drill press, it has made alot of projects alot easier. after some Jedi mind-trickery done everything ready to be assembled.
  9. davy B

Re: JC Higgins rebuild Im not really good at cataloging work so there is a pretty big jump from then to now, I disassembled the bike completely and stripped off all paint, sanded off alot of the rust and applied primer to both the frame and fork i thought that the seat was reapolstered but...
  10. davy B

I got this bike about 3 weeks ago, really excited, out of all bikes i have owned over the years this is my first Higgins. I am two-faced when it comes to rebuilding bikes, on one hand i love seeing bikes that are restored to original sale date quality and then on the other hand i think that one...
  11. davy B

JC Higgins

got this at a garage sale, I assume it is a Higgins because that is stamped into the coaster-brake bar, if you have any other information i would really appreciate it. Sorry this pictures are so bad, the battery in my camera died and i dont have the charger with me.
  12. davy B

i was poking around in my grandma's barn today and found this little guy! its going to need alot of work but im excited! and here is what i have all put together.
  13. davy B

hey, i feel this build is a bit early in the build process to be posting but i figure starting the post will give me some accountability to finish. I dont know alot about engine mechanics but im going to try, I learn by doing :D I dont have a motor yet so if anyone has advice about anything...
  14. davy B

Hog Boys Boardtracker (Ex-Villiers)

Re: Villiers board tracker Shooting Flames! i am inspired!
  15. davy B

Greta

hey, I got this bicycle several months ago, it was in pretty rough shape but when i find bicycles like that, that's when i am most excited about them, so for this one i decided to leave all the rust on the frame and just do a simple clear coat. oh... and when i say the bicycle was in rough...
  16. davy B

PhilCo floor radio restoration

I have decided to use this Christmas break to restore this floor radio, i dont know how i will do because i dont know a ton about electronics but im excited, its fun diving into this blind like i did the first time i took apart my bicycle when i was 9, any mistake i make will be a learning...
  17. davy B

famous people on bicycles

Jennifer Garner
  18. davy B

Metal Elgin

i love it!
Back