Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

It was fun building again with you guys. This is my 1957 JC Higgins turned Klunker. Build Thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/tiktoklunker.116707/
  2. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

Dang, it’s at least 2.5”
  3. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I think based on height they could be considered skinny.
  4. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I’ve been quiet because my bike is done basically. I’d like a cool but subdued headbadge. I still need to true the rear wheel. I bought another project. I need to fix the steering and driveline to make it work. This is with my 29r Here it is with my 6’ tall son.
  5. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I used to say the same thing but then I realized that was just what losers say. 😏 😉
  6. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I’ve been weighing my bikes before and after the build. Thrilled this bike lost over 7 pounds.
  7. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I gotta true this rear wheel, anyone wanna come do it for me?
  8. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

Oh, I forgot to mention, without spending more money. Haha
  9. yoothgeye

Grunt (son of Kaiju)

Those OCC cranks added about 4 pounds. Haha
  10. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

Okay, if I want to win this build-off, what else do I need? Haha The closest I’ve come to winning one of these is like 11th place.
  11. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

Test ride in the road, seat was loose, headset was loose, front wheel was loose. Tightened up and took to the trail.
  12. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

It’s possible I’m done… Anyway, I had a migraine that lasted around 54 hours, so I didn’t get anything done. When it ended this afternoon I did some things. Grabbed these pedals off my Cannondale cargo bike and used these instead of the brown ones, these needed too much work...
  13. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

The cranks are not period correct but they save over half a pound in weight and will allow me a greater pedal selection.
  14. yoothgeye

Haroing

Nope, was on a Magna scooter or something from a department store.
  15. yoothgeye

Haroing

I have that same bar, mine came on a scooter. It’s unique and heavy.
  16. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I think it’s generational. I was born in 76. Growing up in the 80s/90s, every car show I went to had lines and lines of shiny cars, now that I can build my own I like leaving it a little raw. I think kids who are going to car shows with their dad’s nowadays will build shiny ones more than patina...
  17. yoothgeye

Twinn Peaks

Dude, I just sold a tandem, I still have 3 left and wish I had zero. 😂 More power to you building 3.
  18. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

Okay, despite a migraine I got some stuff done today. I got these brown lock on grips installed. I think the saddle will lighten up, but I keep oiling it. And as you can see I put the 3 piece adapter on and this crankset. Finally I pulled out these old faded pedals I’ll be running...
  19. yoothgeye

TikToKlunker

I got my 3 piece crank adapter and I found a Truvativ crankset with a 42t chainring on and I’m going to swap it out tomorrow. This will give me more pedal options and I’m going to weigh the cranks and compare to see if there is a weight savings.
Back