Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. shifterbrains

Keytown Cruisers from the Netherlands

My newest creation. Ride it to Gasparilla.
  2. shifterbrains

Keytown Cruisers from the Netherlands

Mastec, I'm from P-park, but I don't ride there. I live in South Tampa and looking to ride with others with the "keytown"-style bikes. I build my bikes from Scratch. Heck, I Selling one right now on Craigslist. Search for "custom stretch bicycle"
  3. shifterbrains

Gulf Kruisers Sept. 18th

I've been out of the loop for a while, but built my first "from scratch" bike just recently. I may go to this,...if i can figure out how to transport this 8 feet of steel with 2 wheels down to Nokomis.
  4. shifterbrains

EXTREME APES!!!

That's a great idea! Know what the o. diameter is??
  5. shifterbrains

The Hawthorne Hustle -update 8/2

Finally got some parts in... picked this hub up because the red stripes matched the red paint... :D what tires you say?...gotta go with those CFTB's It's starting to look like something now... The 24x3's fit with a hair to spare, so I have that and the chain clearance to attend to later...
  6. shifterbrains

The Hawthorne Hustle -update 8/2

Okay, after a good solid month of reading, searching, oogling and aahhing over the builds here, I have come up with a plan for my second build. My goal is to build this bike with the knowledge and ideas extracted from RRB. I'm shooting for low, meaty and fast. Not as simple looking as my first...
  7. shifterbrains

The Good the Cheap and the Argyle...

Thanks for the kind words all!
  8. shifterbrains

b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

This build is amazing! Absolutely friggin' amazing! :shock: :shock: :shock: Great job!
  9. shifterbrains

Thanks! The potentiometer I picked up at the local Shack didn't fit, so I opted for a nice toggle switch. You can't get it on a picture, but that light is really bright. I'm working in some ideas for the Hawthorne I just picked up.
  10. shifterbrains

Finished...
  11. shifterbrains

Oh, and for those with the keen eye, I picked up the beginnings for project #2 this Saturday for cheap... My girlfriend officially hates me and this website :lol:
  12. shifterbrains

Thanks! I started with taping off the first set of diamonds, in this case, the brown... then the black on the next tape run... then I tape off the orange "stripes" to hand paint them with a very small brush. For the rear, I decided to not paint the full length of the fenders because I was...
  13. shifterbrains

I got an idea for the headlamp...sorta goes along with the nerdy cool argyle theme... The actual beam is pretty large considering the small pencil hole. I think I'm gonna rig the handle to spin one way for "on" and the other for "off"...
  14. shifterbrains

Thanks for the encouraging words guys! Yes, I painted the argyle myself. It took some good tape, alot measuring and even more patience. The saddle is a velo knock-off i think. It doesnt even have a brand on it. Probably cheap tiawanese stuff, but I saved some money and it looks to be of...
  15. shifterbrains

Hi all! It's strange that this build started about a month ago...and I didn't even know about RRB until last week!!! Oh BTW, this was my first experience with customizing a bicycle...it's not as cool as most of the bikes on here, but here goes... Long story short, my girlfriend has an...
  16. shifterbrains

New from Tampa, FL

Hello everyone! This site is awesome. The bikes are jaw-dropping and the talent is amazing. -James
Back