Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Rust In Peace, little guy...

Wow man! That's a real work in progress or should I say REGRESS(I didn't know that word existed till I looked it up in the dictionary :D ). Just add bondo, its working for the van I drive :idea:
  2. W

UnOfficialMusclecar/Bike Buildoff

:shock: REALLY HOT bikes guys!!!!!!! :shock:
  3. W

Wow is this place growing !!!!

Here is my Professor EGGHEAD theory :D Where I live I'm the only person who is into this kinda stuff and as we say "I'm bitten by the bug BAD". Now and then I see someone else riding some ratty pile around but they tend to come and go(sorta like I'm into this fad this week,next week I'm into...
  4. W

New and Improved (Added a Poll)

I love whitewall tyres. Old or new on any form of transport, even if I was rich enough to own an airplane it would still have white walls. They have that vintage look and they are stylish. And you can have the ugliest: bicycle, motorbike, hot rod, and if you paint the wheels and add whitewalls...
  5. W

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Here is my Malvern Star Dragstar (the Australian version of the schwinn stingray) slightly modified... 8) And this is a bike made by Sun but it also has been slightly modified"Look ma no paint" :lol:
  6. W

New lightweight "performance" BMX Klunker

Hey, Hot bike mate, are the wheels 24 or 26? :D
  7. W

my newest creation

The frame sat around for 2 years. Then in the last few days it all came together and was finished in 3 days,too quick to take any photo's of build :wink: Kind of makes me wonder why I didn't start earlier. It's pretty simple but its REAL nice to ride...And it was real cheap to, under...
  8. W

Greetings from the Gateway To The West

Hey, nice chopper, keep up the good work and welcome to the fun. :D
  9. W

show us your chick bikes heres mine

Here's a 16inch wheeled bike that I have been working on(mostly rust removal :D ) for my niece who is 7 years old and loves riding the bike...]The rear tyre is so fat that ya have to let the air out to get the wheel in and out :D
  10. W

Grandpa-RockHopper

It truly is an amazing transformation :D :D :D
  11. W

Copper Scouring Pad-Chrome Problems

One of the best methods of found for cleaning chrome is with a bit of scrunched up aluminium foil(read Aloomunum for my American friends) and some form of lubricant(I have heard that Coca-cola is popular) but I use a commercial brand of polish. Now you would think it might scratch the chrome but...
  12. W

Determine ape hanger size

In the world of apehangers there is no such thing as too big or to small. It all depends on practicality(small) 0r looks(LARGE). :wink: .....It's always worked for me 8)
  13. W

Welcome to ....

Thanks for the compliments old man it means a lot, now I'm off to chain myself to the basement and complete that next project :D
  14. W

Welcome to ....

Yes, that's Shimano Deore on the back and Campagnolo cranks,I think it was 7 speed, they just don't make parts compatability like they used to :wink:
  15. W

Welcome to ....

I had restored a few bikes and made a few choppers with various long forks and different setups. I made quite a few "Racing choppers" which were fairly minimal (I chucked all the useless parts off, front brake etc ). Then one day I'm at the newsagent(news stand) perusing the hot rod mags when I...
  16. W

How many guys..

I kid you not, once my bike collection got to big my ex said ,"It's me or the bikes". Did you notice I said EX! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  17. W

Mythbusters = Crashbusters

maybe it's the slo-mo face plant that makes it funny :lol:
  18. W

G'day mates from downunder.

Thanks,Yeah the purple one was a bratz bike but was only a frame and part of the springer fork when I got the rest of it was roadside scrounge. It always amazes me how much more fun the cheap ones are to ride 8)
  19. W

Anyone feel like doing an all Australian build off?

I'll be in it but I'm cheating :D ,I'll be using a dragster and I've got 3 on the go :D (that's only slightly bending the rules).
  20. W

G'day mates from downunder.

Hi Everybody, Been collecting bikes since I was 5year old and I'm now 40something. I really like the site and it's good to see I'm not the only bike nut in the world. These are some of my bikes but this is just the tip of the iceberg :D We don't really have many old cruiser type bikes so I tend...
Back