Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Already built custom bike thread.

Hey guys.. I have a question.. I havent been on the forum in a long time, but.. about 2 years ago, I built a bike with quite a few mods that I think will be appreciated.. I dont know where would be appropriate to post it though.. I wish I would have posted it during the winter build off then...
  2. M

Wish it was mine...~~ Vintage Pedal Cab ~~

one of my friends has one, he said his is Vietnamese....it has a cool canopy too.. he wants to motorize it and drive his wife around town....It would be a fun barhopper!
  3. M

Bike show / swap Oct. 9th Michigan City, Indiana

It looks like we need to start a Pilup attendee list!!!!
  4. M

Bike show / swap Oct. 9th Michigan City, Indiana

I would love to go, only 20 miles from home...unfortunately..... I will be at The Hunnert Car Pileup..... :(
  5. M

Is It Really Cheaper?

Next time they can leave the engine/trans in there for the extra 900lbs of mass!!!! :D BTW... Did I mention that I am a UAW Ford Machinist?? And I work with developing and fine tuning tooling/automation for new products?? :lol:
  6. M

Is It Really Cheaper?

Just like car dealerships, bike shops can all be different.. My local shop is less than 2 miles away. I try to buy as much as I can there, but I keep finding it more difficult to deal with them.. The owner said to me"why dont you just buy new bikes instead of fixing old junk" mind you I have...
  7. M

Is It Really Cheaper?

I have a 2007 Ford Explorer with 140k mikes on it...few problems....cars 20 yrs ago couldnt go 100k mikes without a plug change..... its perception....that truck still looks good and runs great. my wife has a 10 yr old Tiberon with 98k miles...why do we still have both of them?? because they...
  8. M

Is It Really Cheaper?

really?? what data do you have to show that American Made Toyotas are of lesser quality? The quality of Ford vehicles are on par with Toyota... I also imagine people that worked for Schwinn in Chicago were proud of the bikes they built, not embarrassed. We, as AMERICANS need to stop insulting...
  9. M

Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ New Pics 12-11 ~~

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ Sunday August 28th ~~ http://ci.valparaiso.in.us/Calendar.aspx?EID=551 It is past the preregistration date....they give a t-shirt and a taillight...but, I think I saw that there was no "day of" registration.. the wife and I are going, gonna ride some old bikes..
  10. M

Bicycle show & ride - Aug. 27, Benton Harbor MI

who is going Sat???
  11. M

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ Sunday August 28th ~~ i would love to. but, as always.......I have a friggin wedding. on a Sunday!!!! We are probably going to the show in Benton Harbor on the 27th. and Valporaiso is havin a late ride that nite....and the monthly hot rod cruse nite is that day...
  12. M

Biospace Cranksets, anything special about them?

As stated earlier... you cant use a Biopace on a SS.. The chain will get loose and tight as the chainring goes through its rotatation... I saw one attempted, it wasnt pretty.. I had one on my Trek 830 Antelope MTB in around 1988...
  13. M

Tour de Fat Chicago July 16th ~~ PICS 7-17 ~~

I saw that..LOL.... I saw the photogropher take that pic... I was wondering who he was shooting for!!
  14. M

Tour de Fat Chicago July 16th ~~ PICS 7-17 ~~

It was a GREAT time!!!! nice to finally meet you Skip! The parade was so much fun, we need to get all the cruisers together for next year, there weren't very many!! The wife and I can't wait for next year..Thanks for posting some pics of our "RAT" bikes!
  15. M

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ NEW PICS 5-22 ~~ Man!!! That looks like you had fun!!!! wish the wife and I coulda made it....we were returning from our trip to Turks and Caicos....we have to get together for a ride soon!!!
  16. M

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ MAY 21st RIDE La Porte Indiana~~ I really feel bad... I wanna go!!! but, unfortunately, I will be on a plane returning from the Carribbean that day...and I dont get in until 10 PM.... sorry.
  17. M

Detroit Autorama 2011 Just a Few Pics

I was there... that Gulf bike had incredible paint!! It was a good turnout, lots of great bikes....I went for the carshow and to party at a friends house Sat nite. The bikeshow is a bonus. I always stop in Al Petri's when I am in Detroit for work. Had a blast!!!
  18. M

Indiana Winter Swap & Show PICS

I am standing in the far left of the first pic. whats the chances....
  19. M

Indiana Winter Swap & Show PICS

Re: Indiana Winter Swap & Show The wife and I will be there!
  20. M

I just went to the coolest bike shop!! TOUR UPDATE! 2-3

Re: I just went to the coolest bike shop!! *HAS TWO BLUEBIRDS * Cool Skipton!!!! A couple of months ago the wife and I did A bike shop tour of Chicago. We had lunch at "THe Handlebar" and had a whole list of shops to go to...Unfortunately, we didnt make it there, even though it was on the...
Back