Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 6ixty 6ix

MoFaux – blast off!

It's been a while since I visited this site, but I had to log in to offer congrats to the winner. This is a well executed bike with beautiful proportions. Well done, sir.
  2. 6ixty 6ix

My new yard sale kludge

More research suggests this bike is mostly original, which is surprising (to me at least). Once its own entity, Hercules went through a few owners, but by the time they were made in Nottingham, Raleigh had ownership. I guess that explains the Raleigh parts, but it seems they reserved parts...
  3. 6ixty 6ix

My new yard sale kludge

4. 6ixty 6ix

My new yard sale kludge

Found this thing while Yard Sailing (Sale-ing) today. I immediately thought it was a Raleigh Sports, but closer inspection reveals it is a Hercules with some random Schwinn stuff thrown on (??). I dunno... I took it home anyways. :roll: Frame/fork- Hercules branded. Nottingham England...
  5. 6ixty 6ix

Gaskill's Hop Shop Presents: Ten Buck Schwinn

That coon tail is totally rockin'! Mike.
  6. 6ixty 6ix

No chop chopper

I like this bike, and I dig the paint. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it, but ultimately it's yours, so.... Mike.
  7. 6ixty 6ix

Rust In Peace, little guy...

ha ha! Every time I pick it up, it loses a part.
  8. 6ixty 6ix

:idea:
  9. 6ixty 6ix

NOS means New Old Stock!?

Unused: stuff which can be in just about any condition, really. It's just a claim most of the time.. Original packaging (or price tag, etc): the product/packaging can also be in any condition (used or unused). Anything claimed to be "mint" or "MIP" (mint in packaging) or "NIP" (new in packaging)...
  10. 6ixty 6ix

I hear ya! :) I just saw en ebay ad that said- "It's used, but basically NOS". I felt like sending an email that said "I heard there was a woman who had a child, but was basically a virgin. It was such a rare event, she's world famous. Your item must be pretty special..." Mike.
  11. 6ixty 6ix

I used the popular little Canon SD780 (AKA the "ELPH"). It's a cult classic. I dig it. It's slightly smaller than the size of a deck of playing cards, so it took these "all-thumbs hands" some time to get used to it, but I'm starting to dial it in.... Looks like this-->
  12. 6ixty 6ix

Growing up in a farm town of the midwest, I learned rust was bad. It was the bane of every farmer. Guys who restored classic cars hated it, too. I assumed it must be a terrible thing. It has taken me years to reverse that way of thinking, but I now appreciate rust- especially when it is in an...
  13. 6ixty 6ix

Yeah, it might be "new" to the guy buying it, but that doesn't make it a mint-never-taken-out-of-its-original-packaging kinda 'new'.
  14. 6ixty 6ix

Those are cool! They didn't get any action because you put "NOS" in your title; that automatically lumped them in with the garbage. You should have said they were "Eames era" or "old school" or "emo" or ...
  15. 6ixty 6ix

That's the way I learned it, but for many it seems they have no clue. I grew up in the antique business, and NOS was reserved for items that had original factory packaging as intended for retail "stock". It was if you were looking at something "new" - never sold before back when it was first...
  16. 6ixty 6ix

Absolute Speed World Record Bicycle

I can respect that some would rather see a more "authentic" or "earned" record, but let's be honest. How many of us have the brass to actually take the bars of a bicycle going over 150 mph? I certainly wouldn't do it, and I've done some crazy stuff. A motorcycle at about 120 was more than enough...
  17. 6ixty 6ix

2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER

The new Norco looks sweet. Dig it. http://skullskates.com/catalog/product_ ... cts_id/841
Back