Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

1967 Schwinn Deluxe Racer

Was looking for a frame to build a fixie with on CL today and found this for $40. Trying to decide if I want to go board track fixie racer style or leave as is. What do you guys think?
  2. M

Sex Change (Update 6/14)

I dig the lines, and the joints :)
  3. M

Prewar Savage - Tank & rack

Re: Stacy's Savage That badge is kick .... Looking forward to seeing your progress :)
  4. M

Monark Board Tracker - (mbuna's first build)

More questions... (this is my first attempt at modding / building any kind of bike). Do you think that bottom bracket in the photoshopped bike above is too low for the cranks to turn properly while turning? Am I receiving very few replies because I'm a noob? Is it sacrilege to chop up a vintage...
  5. M

My buddy Brandon came over last night with an angle grinder. We PB Blaster + hammered the handlebar stem off. Ruined the stem and the fork, but it's out. After a half hour trying to wire brush two coats of paint off the frame, I decided I'll just have it media blasted. So we proceeded with...
  6. M

Hello from Central Oregon

I've lived in Bend, OR for 10 years now, a great place to live if you like riding bikes :) We just recently got bike fever after scoring an all original 73 Schwinn Twinn at a garage sale for $50! Here's what we've got so far: 2000 Specialized Flyboy. Not sure what I'll do with this yet, was a...
  7. M

oh... does anyone have a trick for removing the handlebar stem? The bolt is out, and stripped, so I think the wedge is stuck down there pretty good. :x
  8. M

So here it is assembled a bit, just trying to get an idea of what exactly I'm doing with it. I definitely want a board tracker look. I'm going with 26x3 Kenda Krazes on 26x50mm black rims & spokes, I got my friend trying to find those for me. I picked up this springer fork, looks like I'll have...
  9. M

Hey guys, just recently obtained this beautiful starting piece, a Western Flyer of some type. Somebody rattle canned it rust, I think it used to be white. Don't even own sandpaper yet, so haven't yet determined the serial number and therefore year (any guesses?). Somebody did some really gross...
Back