Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Matt 732

bike grip help

Tip from the trade, use the screwdriver (or bladed /hammered spoke) then use hairspray.
  2. Matt 732

3 piece cranks vs. 1 piece cranks?

Yep, your man above has got it bang on. What i don't get is what BMX era you live in? Check any BMX mag and i can guarantee you will not find a single 1-piece crank in there! The only bikes with 1-piece cranks are VERY cheap kid's bikes, VERY, VERY cheap adults bikes and anything belonging to...
  3. Matt 732

FBI Amsterdam, going from the forum? NOW PIC HEAVY

BORIS WHERE WERE YOU BRUV! Me, Mike, Make (Mike to us lot, we can remember PCC) and Pukey (Popey) didn't see ya. Got there Friday afternoon, showed Saturday and won best paint (hid at the back and never collected prize as i felt like a fraud! Missed all the real cruzes and a few years back a...
  4. Matt 732

rebuilding wheels

Check out Jobs Brandts book 'The Bicycle Wheel". This chap pretty much put into text the CORRECT way to build a wheel. Which direction your leading spoke should be orientated according to which hub your using (fixed, coaster, disc etc.), how many times to cross your spokes for your riding style...
  5. Matt 732

Re: FBI Amsterdam.....who's going from the forum? What you on about R1/2? Drunken English wandering around Amsterdam with no idea where they are or where their going, asking all the locals in English the directions to somewhere they cannot pronounce.... NEVER!
  6. Matt 732

where to buy a 1 5/16th headset

I see.... okay, the silly thing is I've posted pictures of my 30's Monark head tube with the same odd dimensions! I ended up brazing in some cut down head tube reducers and a new crown race to the forks (available from Ceeways Frame Building Supplies - UK) to make them standard 1" dimensions. Of...
  7. Matt 732

where to buy a 1 5/16th headset

15 years in the bike trade and i have never heard of an 1 5/16" headset. I could be wrong, maybe some antique American or French (they love to be different!) bikes from before the war. I've seen some bloody stupid headset's (Pashley, Raleigh, Klein and the new idea the mountain bike industry has...
  8. Matt 732

Let's see your commuter

Yes, yes! Double Mooi my daily ride for a few years in Amsterdam, the only bike you did not need to lock (except in the second image, that's where it slept overnight), nicked and dumped instantly once, i was nicked on twice and crashed more than a few times. The suicide brake was only fitted due...
  9. Matt 732

Dyno Bike pics

Bit of gossip for you. During my last months at the Chopperdome it became very apparent that the build quality of the Kustom Kruisers was reaching an all time low. At the same time the Micargi copies (identical except the top tube end plate, probably from the Pacific factory) actually seemed...
  10. Matt 732

Re: FBI Amsterdam.....who's going from the forum? Now i feel bad! IT WAS NOT THE THC CROWD!!! It was one of their friends who was... a bit odd anyway.
  11. Matt 732

Re: FBI Amsterdam.....who's going from the forum? Okay lads, don't take it all too serious if the yank Chopperderos show up those boy's CANNOT ride, their idea of a cruise is from one bar to the next. It's all done at a leisurely pace and if that's too much then just do what the French did a...
  12. Matt 732

Show Your Monark!!!!

What are the chances of this happening. I just got myself an old Monark which i HAD big plans for and now...... Once the hubs are skimmed and nickel plated and laced into some 26" Surly Large Marge rims and come up with a cool colour scheme i might take another look at it. Just remember these...
  13. Matt 732

Hello from England

Hello mate, nice ride
  14. Matt 732

London Calling...

Yes bruv, supposed to go last year but had a few unfortunate set backs, but this year! It's good to see more English getting involved, WE STARTED IT! (well with a bit of help from the cloggies) and hopefully this year a couple of the original faces may show. Spoke to R1/2 a few days back, looks...
  15. Matt 732

London Calling...

Alright English! well spotted bruv. I have a chequered past and well here's the deal pic 1) Boss en Lomer- Amsterdam, pic 2) Dam Square-Amsterdam, pic 3) A bombed out church in sunny London Town, pic 4)Westerpark- Amsterdam, pic 5) some coffee shop- Amsterdam, pic 6) my gaff in Holloway...
  16. Matt 732

what kind of hubs are on this bike????? Pic Inside

They are Hope Big Un's, i use em on all my builds. Those in that picture are MkI's with the larger centre section. Shame they stopped making them, i got the last pair ever to come out of the factory on my latest build. It's a shame but their new spools are 6 bolt so you can fit their 'oh, so'...
  17. Matt 732

London Calling...

Hello, Matt 732 trying to get back in touch with the scene after taking a few years off. Built a few rides, posted a couple of them below. My last kustom build Finally get the chance to tell all concerned THIS IS NOT ME!!!!! Yep, the one i hate (if you know me you know why!) Yes, yes...
Back