Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Fisch

Messages stuck in outbox?

Ahhhh got it, that makes sense! thanks guys!
  2. Fisch

Messages stuck in outbox?

Anyone else having this issue? There is a message I wrote 24 hrs ago that is still stuck in my outbox. I wrote another a few hours ago and it is also stuck in my outbox.
  3. Fisch

Gotta Girvin!

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to tell the different generations of Girvin yet. It was one of my better $cores. What was crazy was how bad the CL garage-sale post was. They listed they had a cheap bike fore sale and a loveseat and an ottoman and some golfclubs. They didn't say what kind of bike it...
  4. Fisch

Gotta Girvin!

Thanks guys! I thought the yellow was pretty sharp too. I've read that e-bike guys like these early ones for the open triangle. They also like these vs full suspension coil shocks sometimes because they are a bit more ridgid, but not totally ridgid. But generally the ones with the crazier tubes...
  5. Fisch

Gotta Girvin!

Got a crazy sweet deal on this Proflex 555 with Girvin fork. I am all about flipping bikes to fund the BMX addiction these days, but I am tempted to keep this one as I have always wanted a Girvin fork. It almost seems like with these Proflex's the forks are worth as much by themselves as the...
  6. Fisch

Completed Now! Fuji Super 12 - XL frame - for free!

I have good luck flipping Fuji's. The collectors dig them. But what I want are the big logo fuji stamped 3-piece cranks someday!
  7. Fisch

Swingbike

The sprocket makes the bike! Nice work!
  8. Fisch

'59 Kolumbia Klunker

Nicely done! Quite a transformaton!
  9. Fisch

Lady Jivaro

THis is soooooooooo good! Man I love it! Nice work!
  10. Fisch

Outskirtscustoms finds

It looks great man! I am thinking that generation of BMXers is startig to come up and are starting to look for their old rides. I imagine even more desire in the next 10 years. I am mostly looking for mid-school deals these days.
  11. Fisch

Finally found a DG // BMX

And you hit another out of the park! You are going to need more storage room to hold your goodness soon!
  12. Fisch

Outskirtscustoms finds

Re: Took a Detour Killer! THose bars are crazy! Any markings on them? I just drove through Kokomo Friday, I knew you were in the area, and kept my eyes peeled for cool bikes on the road. But my wife and daughter were with me and weren't into stopping for old bikes, lol. I kept looking at Kokomo...
  13. Fisch

Are my prices out of line?

I am in western MA which is a huge biking area. I've come to find that Vintage road bikes sell fast here, with tons of hipsters, 5 colleges and paved bike trails connecting it all. But when ever I list muscle bikes or BMX, especially if they are worth more than $120 they sit. Even mountain bikes...
  14. Fisch

1980 Torker L.P. Long

Re: 1980 Torker L.P. Niiiiiiice more pics!
  15. Fisch

1967 Sears Spyder 5-speed 20"

Sick score! I have the 24" version. But it is in shambles.
  16. Fisch

90's diamondback viper

Sweetness. Yes I've heard these Hoffman rims had terrible chrome. Are both flaking bad? Is the freecoaster flaking too or is that dirt/old paint that looks like flaking. Are you interested in parting with with the wheelset, maybe just the freecoaster hub? We can take it to PM if you'd like. Scott
  17. Fisch

90's diamondback viper

Sweet. I'd love to see it as I just bought a Hoffman EP that should have a 14T freecoaster, but has a 16T freewheel in a suzue hub laced in a Rhyno Lite rim. Beautiful rim set, but wrong for the build. (And a 44T crank instead of the 38t I need to install a 990 brake properly.) Also is your...
  18. Fisch

90's diamondback viper

CWC curious if you still have the freecoaster setup from this? Do you have better pics of it?
  19. Fisch

Hoffman EP- Midschool Cool

Well what have I learned. I've learned that the PO put a 44t chainwheel on this thing, probably what he got with the upgraded GT cranks, and it is a 16 T freewheel on the rear. THis is groovy gearing, EXCEPT, if you want to run the brake where it is suppose to go, which is under the seat stay or...
  20. Fisch

1998 GT Show - Polished PICS Added

Kingfish, curious if this is a Nankai freecoaster or a Taska? My Hoffman EP came with a freewheel, not a freecoaster :x , but I hear the Nankai is the way to go!
Back