Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MatthewRobertHenry

P-40 Cruiser - NEW faux gun barrel concept

Here is the video of the completed bike :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGU57Z0Mgtc
  2. MatthewRobertHenry

VIDEO of my completed P-40 themed Bike!

This bike started as a NEXT Cruiser but has been transformed to a Custom Beach Cruiser in the theme of the P-40 Flying Tiger Warplanes from WWII. Yes it has a functioning propeller and machine gun :D. Hope you like the video: :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGU57Z0Mgtc If you'd like...
  3. MatthewRobertHenry

16 months later... the bike is complete! I started this bike with the birth of my first son, hoping to complete it while I was on paternity leave and in time for the RRB build off #5. I didn't make either deadline and as it turns out having a son keeps you pretty busy. So the bike...
  4. MatthewRobertHenry

(To be named) Beach Cruiser

No, that's just it, I live in a super safe part of town. I actually live on a boat in a yacht marina so you literally need a key to get IN and OUT of the marina and there are multiple security guards on duty 24/7. The bike rack is on the dock in the center of the marina so I've kept our bikes...
  5. MatthewRobertHenry

(To be named) Beach Cruiser

Sad day, I went out to the bikerack last night to ride my bike with the family and someone had stolen it :( So lame! I cannot believe how utterly bummed I am. I'm trying to find the most recent picture so I can fill out a police report. Man I loved this bike and I'll really miss that Nexus...
  6. MatthewRobertHenry

So I tripped over my electrical toolbag today and accidentally broke a grill lighter I had in there for heatschrinking electrical connectors (all marine electrical has to be watertight if you want to avoid diagnosing endless connectivity problems). I was about to throw it away when I got...
  7. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser - NEW Painted Mock Up pic!!! - Check it out Thanks, I'm with you on that car it is way sweet and it's hard to imagine any of Foose's rides being a mistake. I would gladly have any of his mistakes :-).
  8. MatthewRobertHenry

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

This thing is unbelievable. Your bike alone makes you my hero but this is just too cool. I've done enough body work and fiberglass to know that a project like this has to keep you forever busy. You're really crankin though, keep it up!
  9. MatthewRobertHenry

ENGINE No.9 (completely complete!)

Re: ENGINE No.9 (head badge pics!) The quality and detail of this build is just astounding. Way to go!
  10. MatthewRobertHenry

Schwinn bomber update 6/14

This is a great looking bike! I'm also building a plane themed bike but so far my bomb is just a drawing, I haven't made one yet. Looks like yours is legit! Cool ideas, I LOVE that fork!
  11. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser - NEW Painted Mock Up pic!!! - Check it out THANKS!!! Glad you like it. I can't wait to get it together and take it for a spin. I'm especially stoked to see the prop in action.
  12. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Thanks! I decided I love the look of the whirewheeled aluminum so I'm gonna finish stripping it and clearcoat it as is. As far as extras there won't be many - just what's pictured plus the original components. This is the mock up with all the painted components. One thing...
  13. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Actually no fish were angered in the making of this tank :-) I did the resin coat while visiting my parents in AZ (a long way from the ocean). You're right about the smell though, I learned real quick to do all fiberglass work OUTSIDE! Hey I tried to find Foose's P-32 but...
  14. MatthewRobertHenry

P-40 Cruiser - Painted Mock up pic!!! Now that one side of the tank is painted and the majority of the parts are painted I layed it all out to see what it looks like and I am unbelievably STOKED! The hand drawing really did it no justice, it is really coming together. Don't forget to look...
  15. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Lots of progress today. Thought I would show the continued process on the tank. After that second coat of Resin I sanded the heck out of it to get it super flat. I found out AFTER that you can use a spray bottle to mist the resin with Acetone and it will self level - Next...
  16. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Alright. After a long drive from Tucson to San Diego in our 2 door convertible with all the stuff the trip and baby generated PLUS the bike and all 3 of us we are back on the boat! I had a really awesome week with family. Both our parents got to spend a ton of time with...
  17. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Thanks. Yep, my wife is awesome! We love adventure and we love our life so bringing the baby into that hasn't been as hard as you might imagine. It's actually a really great community where you hang out on your decks and walk to your car and get to know everyone. For the...
  18. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Okay, I've been silent a while because I thought I didn't bring the camera cord on the trip but I found it in my backpack so everyone gets an update :D. I've been working really hard while I have access to a garage half the time and relaxing very well while I spend time with...
  19. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Thanks for the encouragement fellas. Yes, there are many clues to my lifestyle hidden in these pics :D Living on a boat I rarely wear shoes. Its san diego so if I do wear shoes they are flip flops (hence the flip flop tan). Obviously you would not have real grass on a boat...
  20. MatthewRobertHenry

Re: P-40 Cruiser Life has proved very unpredictable with a newborn so I had a few day delay but I did get a few hours in on the tank, thought I would share the progress. Step 1 -> create a tank template: Step 2 -> Transfer template to wood and cutout (in duplicate) with a jigsaw (my...
Back