Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. McLela

77 Schwinn Varsity camelback Fastback style

Great prices and fast shipping. :D
  2. McLela

77 Schwinn Varsity camelback Fastback style

harquahalas, Schwinn didn't do a very good job on grinding down the welds on their 27" rims. I have also blown tubes before I realized what the problem was. A lot of times where the rim is welded together there are sharp edges. The welds are close to the valve stem hole. I check the weld...
  3. McLela

Iverson Odd ball

Very nice bike and I also have never seen this frame in a full size. It's only original once, clean it and leave it original and it will be worth more money! Just my 2 cents :D
  4. McLela

Pre 1948 Schwinn New World serial number

I bought a pre 1948 Schwinn New World frame that I'm going to build into a vintage track bike and would like to find when it was made. The serial number is: I25382 ..... The first letter is an I and not a "one". Can anyone tell me what year, month and day the frame was built? Thank you in...
  5. McLela

Built from scratch, but not quite a bike...

Very nice, I would love to see more and bigger photos of the car.
  6. McLela

ranger rescue old mead bicycle

Totally original or not you did a very nice job on the Mead Ranger. Men and women both would be proud to ride your bike. I do like original patina on bikes but have never liked rust on bikes or cars and I like the way you rebuilt your bike. :D
  7. McLela

calling all Xperts

I also have the same frame but not sure what it is. I do know that someone made a mess of the repaired brazing job they did! :cry:
  8. McLela

Let's see your old motorcycles!

IRide, Nice job on your Honda 100 bobber. Do you have a build sheet, photos or information on the build? It was a great idea turning a dirt bike into a bobber. Dan
  9. McLela

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

This is my 1970's childs mini Flandria road bike. The bike is the same size as the orange bikes the little boy is holding in the original Flandria catalog photos. It was made for 3-5 year old kids. It's a real bike with 16" tires and is just like the bigger bikes but evrything is smaller. <a>...
  10. McLela

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

1980 24" Schwinn Varsity 10-speed
  11. McLela

Orient Express- from China junk to Replica Racer

Thanks for posting the photo's and the information. As you know I love vintage racers and your bike came out great.
  12. McLela

Cheap Park PCS-9 on ebay - 10 Available

Thanks for the posting. :D I bought the PCS-9 for $112 with shipping which is a great price. I now have a Park PRS-7 bench mount and the PCS-9. The PCS-10 is also a great price at $158 with shipping. For my use I didn't think the extra $46 was worth the difference in the design. Maybe I can...
  13. McLela

GOLDEN VOICE

Amazing story and voice, I wish Mr Williams the best of luck. Sometimes it only takes giving a person a second change to get their life together.
  14. McLela

ultimate bike hauler

Ford Model "A" coupe with a 1954 Schwinn Meteor on the running board and a Penny Farthing on the back bumper.
  15. McLela

What to use to clean dirty parts?

I'm sure this has been posted before but what is the best and safest product to clean really dirty parts. I'm talking about hubs, cranks, chains, etc. We all know gasoline works great but it's very dangerous. I use Clean-Rite's PURPLE POWER which is a concentrated Industrial Strength...
  16. McLela

Kelly Adjustable Handle Bars

Kelly handlebars
  17. McLela

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Your Black Phantom is beautiful. I also like the art deco bike stand, was it bought or did you make it?
  18. McLela

Identification Information

Nice frames and neat tricycle. Check out the restored streamline art deco tricycle on eBay. It's not an exact match to your trike but it's close. Here's the eBay link. http://cgi.ebay.com/art-deco-streamline ... 4aa71c9bef
  19. McLela

87 PEUGEOT VERSAILLSE

Beautiful bike, I've had a lot of road bikes but your Peugeot Versaillse is the nicest original vintage road bike I have ever seen. I watched the final count down on eBay and was hoping it would go even higher for you. The first Peugeot you had was also beautiful. I'll look forward to seeing...
  20. McLela

Dad got a bike

Nice bike, you can always cut a few inches off the handlebars and not spend any money.
Back