Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. oldgreaser

Lil' Monster

Right on ! Mark, been a long time.
  2. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Finally an update, Split the bottom bracket and left it in place to help keep everything lined up, and parallel. Added a new cross bar , and a section of the bottom bar. It looks like a mess, but made progress. Cut and welded up a piece of the frame to get a curved "seat post" that follows...
  3. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Progress on the triple tree, cut added metal, welded, ground, reworded, more fitting and finishing to do. Paint removal mostly finished, Cut the head tube down to fit the steer tube, still more filing & fettling to tube ends square to the tube. Now, time to go after the frame with the sawzall...
  4. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Now that john_gotbikes and I are the same height, (I've still got an inch over him) it will be sized for either of us. :)
  5. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Started a layout for the frame, made a template that allows me to move stuff around, get an idea of where things need to go. I would like to keep the head tube more vertical, so the steering is more sporty. At this angle, we would need more stretch in the handlebars. At this fork angle, we could...
  6. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

A couple years ago, onewheelsqueel passed this idea along to me. When the kid out grows the little string -ray chopper, hang on to the triple tree front end. OWS had fitted one to a vintage frame with a 26" wheel and it is cool. I've seen other folks use these too. Credit given. An ordinary 26...
  7. oldgreaser

Sub•Tel

Right on! Just doing a quick scroll thru Class 1, I see your almost finished building. Bars look killer
  8. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Right On, back at ya! Colors still to determined, only had 3 crayons for the rendering.
  9. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Hey OddJob, Good question & thanks for the interest. It's pretty simple I tried the tire w/ a 26 x 4 inner tube, it was ok. Then I stuck 2 inner tubes, 26 x 2.125 in the tire and wrapped that mess w/ duct tape, inflated those it was better, except the fill tubes. Using 2 holes in the rim , 1...
  10. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Johngot_bikes went to work stripping the frame of paint, full protective gear in place. We thought a rendering of our design might help direct the project, so we cut & pasted ......old school. Then it was on to mounting the new tires, the idea being the tire should spread-out in width, but...
  11. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Starting point, an imported Schwinn branded cruiser of no consequence. We're going to throw these 26 x 3 Duro Beach Bum tires. We're gonna repurpose these fat rims.
  12. oldgreaser

Project Nieves

Better late than never, We're in. Here at my place, my son and I are fans of the JDM cars and late models slammed on the ground. Those are the inspirations for Project Nieves. Stuff like this:
  13. oldgreaser

I broke this today...

All well thought-out theories to explain the component failure..... Skipton, just post a picture of your Massive calf muscle, that should clear up any confusion about why the thing broke.:):):):):):):):):)
  14. oldgreaser

73 Raleigh Sports

very nice,
  15. oldgreaser

Elgin in a winter melt down

The Chicago River doesn't flow into Lake Michigan, it goes backwards.
  16. oldgreaser

CHICAGO TAILDRAGGERS ~~~ Dec 12th Bricks Pizza & Zoo Lights

At the risk of being reported...OG is in.
  17. oldgreaser

CHICAGO TAILDRAGGERS ~~~ Dec 12th Bricks Pizza & Zoo Lights

Getting my Tweed On now, headed over soon
  18. oldgreaser

Bike that probably won't finish that you had hoped would finish

Disappointed that Heart of Darkness by Skipton, wasn't done in time. No telling what combination of unique parts he would have assembled together.
Back