Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

26 Inch Front Drum Brake and wheel

I am looking for the whole wheel with the brake..I have never built on myself and figure the cost involved it may be cheaper to get the whole wheel with the brake....
  2. D

Caloi Ultra Six

Started as a beach cruiser then a fix gear off road bike.
  3. D

26 Inch Front Drum Brake and wheel

I have been looking around fro a front drum brake...I saw one for 79.00 on Workman...does that sound right...any other suggestions ?
  4. D

am I to big for lay back seat post?

I am also around 220 and 6'3 ..I am looking for a lay back seat post ..I never have bent one even riding the fixie off road....what othe stock would work ...solid aluminum..I am looking for a 1 inch post right now but like the idea and might just make one
  5. D

Clear coat on bare aluminum frame

Thanks...I checked it out and it is t6...I am goint ot polish wax and ride ....
  6. D

Front brake spring

I have a front weinmann brake that is missing the wire spring what wire could I use to frabricate one ..I can copy off the back brake
  7. D

Clear coat on bare aluminum frame

Thinking of going with a brushed or polished aluminum finish on my frame ...any sugestion on perserving the finish I am using 150 grit and then will go to ?? to get the final look ..may end up polishing ..use to polish stuf in metal shop on a lathe ..is that the same concept.....
  8. D

Removing brake things

Should I just grind these off with an angle grinder ? Does anyone have any tips I never removed them and didn't want to make the situation worse....can I use jb weld to patch or is there something else.... Thanks
  9. D

Spray can vs Powder coating

My one bike I am going to powder coat just cause I want to try it and I plan on keeping the bike and ride it in the woods alot....For the spray can jobs I should do the folowing. 1. Prep 2. Prime 3. Paint 4. Clear Coat Is that right so far? Stick with same brand all the way through the...
  10. D

Handlebars

Thanks for the information
  11. D

Handlebars

Where is a good place to get handlebars. I am interested in straight type or drop style bars. I am thinking of taking an old cruiser and go the wide tire look... Can you bend old beach crusirer bars or other bars to the shape you are looking for. Do you start with a piece of stock and bend it...
  12. D

Thanks for the info I have replaced just about everything on this bike with exception to the chain ring, goose neck and frame....I am going to powder coat ...I will post some before and after pics....thanks for all you help....
  13. D

Considering painting my off road Caloi beach cruiser conversionfixed gear...I can get it bead blasted and powder coated 30 for the blast and 70 for the paint.......I figure the cost to spray can would be around 20-30 after preparing the surface plus time spent...am I about right on the...
  14. D

Chrome Cleaning

What is mothers water ? The chrome polish
  15. D

Sears 3 speed

Sweet bikes ..right now I need to replace the spring in the front brake and the rear reflector then I am ready to go...
  16. D

Jacksonville Florida

Mainly just converting old cruisers to fix gears...looking to learn from this site....
  17. D

Sears 3 speed

Picked up this weekend for 20 bucks..I think it is a 64 Sears Austria ? Has a 3 speed hub...says SEARS 3 speed 64 model 503.321 Thinks about cleaning up but not sure about the best approach yet...
  18. D

Sears 3-speed model 503.21

Just picked one of these up trying to find out the year and see if it is worth fixing up...the gear shifter moves but does not click this is my first internal geared bike it is a green and white sears Austria 3 speed men's bike model 503
Back