Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Western Flyer motorized bike

latest picture below. I just finished redesigning a rear fender and making new brackets so the fender works around the motor setup. Waiting for a few more parts and we'll see how this works :)
  2. M

Here are some pictures of the project so far. I have repainted the frame, recovered the seat, oiled and greased anything that moves, sandblasted some part etc.. I am waiting for more parts to come in right now. yes, it is next to a 1956 Porsche 356 I am working on...it was my dad's first car.
  3. M

Arkham Flyer. UPDATE 4-15-10 New Photos

If you go the website: http://steampunkworkshop.com/ I know he has a section in there about copper and brass plate etching. Oops, just saw the nice headbadges....need to read whole thing before I comment. Looks great! -Merlin
  4. M

Carolina MotoBike.

Nice to see a Villiers engine!! My 1948 Francis Barnett has a 125cc Villiers engine. In case you don't know there is a great parts place for Villiers engines http://www.villiersservices.co.uk Better to call than email though. Really cool build. -Merlin
  5. M

Oh, and I love that Western Flyer. The board track build is amazing though. Thanks for the info on the coaster brake!
  6. M

I'll get some photos up soon. I seem to restore Jeeps and motorcycles through my business Hanson Mechanical.com I have a '44 MB which is titled as a CJ2A, no CJ2A left though. I currently have a backlog of five Jeep restorations for customers....just lost my apprentice though which makes...
  7. M

Frame welds are all good, frame steel has no rust, it is in surprisingly good shape. The "beat up" fender just has surface rust. I may do some welding of the rear fender to strengthen around areas I have to cut. My main concern is braking power and how to improve it. I may take some cues...
  8. M

So, just ordered all the parts for my build. I have a 40's or 50's western Flyer that I found under junk in a one room schoolhouse. Antique parts: I have ordered antique wheels, a battered rear fender, a chain guard from the wrong bike but I like it, and a 1940's pedal assembly. New parts...
  9. M

Hello from Hanson mechanical:)

Hi, I normally restore antique cars, but ventured into motorcycles a couple years back, and have had vintage bicycles for a while. I found this forum while searching for info. on Western Flyers. I am rebuilding a 1940's (I think) Western Flyer that I pulled out of a one-room schoolhouse a...
Back