Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Strings_and_steam

Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ New Pics 12-11 ~~

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ Sunday August 28th ~~ Man, you don't know how bad I want to be there. I'm going to try really hard, I'm at a new job as a full time luthier and still rockin coffee at Starbucks, but my manager hasn't been very good at honoring my requests off. If I can get off on...
  2. Strings_and_steam

Hotrod Hobbyhorse crosses the finish line!

Thanks guys! And Skip, may I say, I'm diggin your beautiful full fendered yellow beastie this year! I had so many parts I never got around to installing as I just couldn't find a place to keep this project around where I live now. I have a horse head all ready for the headbadge, fender...
  3. Strings_and_steam

Hotrod Hobbyhorse crosses the finish line!

The past few months have been a whirlwind for me. I graduated college in May (BFA Musicology), moved to Glencoe Il in early June, just got engaged to my sweetie a few weeks ago, and will be starting a new job as a Luthier for a private violin workshop next week. My entry has been in Milwaukee...
  4. Strings_and_steam

The Diamond Frame Flying Merkel

Thanks guys! If you're enjoying the pics, you can imagine how much I'm enjoying the privilage of getting to ride this machine :mrgreen: Seriously though, if you're ever passing through Glencoe IL, drop me a line and I'd be happy to let ya take her for a spin. Danreid27, I'm glad you enjoyed...
  5. Strings_and_steam

Diamond Frame Flying Merkel DONE!

Dogbreath, what a beauty! I'm loving what you've done there, and the drum brakes are phenominal! I would have loved to have the budget to run that set up on the Merkel. The orange brake pads I have are working quite well however, no scuffing on the rims just some slight wear down to grey...
  6. Strings_and_steam

Pack Rat

Simply a beautiful machine, a bicycle after my own heart :mrgreen: The two-tone green and lug work is so trick, and I know it's been said many times, but this is one classy machine you should be very proud of! Simply marvelous
  7. Strings_and_steam

Hotrod Hobbyhorse 6/26 Not out of the race!

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/24 rolling (again) chasis Ah ha! Sorry one and all, I have been away from this forum since the start of June. I am now moved down to Glencoe IL, and just recently got the Flying Merkel delivered here so I have something to ride. The Hobbyhorse is still in Milwaukee...
  8. Strings_and_steam

Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ New Pics 12-11 ~~

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ UPDATE JUNE INFO! ~~ My regrets, I have been busy with work and life and have been away from the forum since the begining of June :oops: I will sadly be unable to attend tomorrow, but hope to make July's ride. I'm itching to meet you fine folks and take a...
  9. Strings_and_steam

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/18-2 CAD designing Did ya miss me? :roll: Well I graduated on Sunday, and am now a proud Musicologist (as my degree says at least :D ) and now I have a bit of down time to pounce on this puppy. Today I got the rear wheel all painted and thrown on the frame, along...
  10. Strings_and_steam

Black Tie-phoon

I agree on both accounts, I wonder how expensive the 'bronze dip' process is? And a shorty fender with the 'duck tail' intact would look awesome, almost like a throwback to tux tails. If you're looking for somewhere to put the bowtie and keep it sleek, what about thread it between the spokes...
  11. Strings_and_steam

Black Tie-phoon

Sleek machine! I'm sorry, maybe this is out of the park weird, but I keep envisioning a black bow-tie on either the front springer bolt or in place of the headbadge...
  12. Strings_and_steam

Rusted Robin

Nice canvas man! I may be a little biased, I started with a red typhoon almost identical to yours for last year's buildoff. Can't wait to see what you do with it :mrgreen:
  13. Strings_and_steam

***RATA BARATA***

I'm looking foreward to this! :mrgreen:
  14. Strings_and_steam

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/18 tank and fender When it's all said and done, I'm thinking it will be able to accept a crank and run a chain (with minimal mods). However, the point of this build is more to embrace minimalism and simplicity and harken back to the days before the bicycle as we know...
  15. Strings_and_steam

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/18 tank and fender It's not quite as epic as your AWESOME fender (seriously trick man, I don't remember if I commented on it before) but it will get the job done, and I'll be cranking up the 'awesome-o-meter' here soon hopefully 8)
  16. Strings_and_steam

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/15 some assemblage I've been pondering what to do with the bb, I'm going ot make a goodwill run later, we'll see if they have what I'm thinking of 8) Installed my 'tank' today. Not high tech, not super snazzy, just a little extra 'beef' for the top bar. I also got...
  17. Strings_and_steam

>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> done

Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> Hmmm I had an idea for colour scheme, pardon my paintshop skills, and messing with your concepts (plus throwing another wrench in things :roll: :oops: )
  18. Strings_and_steam

Bareknuckle Brawler - Finished

Re: Bareknuckle Brawler - New tank pics Even if he doesn't know he wants to, I think there are a lot of us out here wanting him to :D hint hint, nudge nudge, say-no-more say-no-more :wink:
  19. Strings_and_steam

>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> done

Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> Very nice work there! I'd throw in my vote for the bottom two of the six colour options. The 'teal-drab' and black looks wicked fast to me, and all black with the cream tires...classy 8)
  20. Strings_and_steam

Re: Hotrod Hobbyhorse 5/15 some assemblage hmmm That might be a really good solution, I may have to try that. The only possible problem I could see is that that's right where you need to have your legs dangling for propulsion, and it might tear up your ankles to ride. Pegs will be one of...
Back