Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Schwinn Traveler '64

No, we just polished them to shine is all they will require polish up now and again but it all will
  2. R

Tornado night

the funniest part was just like usual, soon as the storm let up for just a second the sun came right out and set the humidity in motion
  3. R

Schwinn Jaguar '59

I will have to take some more the ones of the side I did take with the light behind it just looked like silhouette. Thanks for the feedback
  4. R

Schwinn Jaguar '59

update,it is not finished but i can ride it now until i can get new rims (black) and some fenders (probably black) I have the original chain guard but I have to weld it up and have it plated. I do like it so far though and rides like a dream :-)
  5. R

Schwinn Traveler '64

some better pics, in the day time
  6. R

Quick overview of metal finishing (chroming)

This won't help anyone learn anything I am merely posting it for the curious. These are some recent photos I took of my dad's work where he chromed up all my parts for a few projects. I will link to a video of him actually buffing an axe head that has been copper plated and being polished before...
  7. R

Schwinn Traveler '64

thx for positive responses. yes we re-chromed it and that means its better then factory :-) plus everything is polished like brake levers etc.
  8. R

Schwinn Jaguar '59

maybe if i can get a hold of one, something more to add to the chrome might help it out
  9. R

Schwinn Jaguar '59

This is the latest project, If I am wrong on frame identification please do correct me. I have some before pics and update this post when I can find them. I love the 80's bmx crank with original chainring heres the before
  10. R

Schwinn Traveler '64

This is brief diary of my 1964 Schwinn Traveler I still have to add the generator and back light and it will be complete. I apologize if this is too many pictures but the topic is diary and this is basically just that. Hope you enjoy.
  11. R

The King of Cowley County has left the building.

Re: Dead Man's Hand I didn't even think to ask you if you wanted that stripped. We coulda dunked it in the caustic and shave a few days off haha. Wheels look awesome though. Look forward to seeing the chainring on!!
  12. R

Noob checking in

thx for the notice, and the welcome !!
  13. R

Noob checking in

hello new to the site and must say you have a nice thing going here. i believe i may already know a few people here locally and look forward to learning and participating in the near future. I have recently got into the restoration/customization when i get time and find the appropriate forums...
Back