Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ACD

Old member, early build off participant checking in.

Hey all. Joined back in 2007 and participated in one of the early build offs. Built “Escaped Convict” a prison themed bike in honor of the demolition of our historic Maine state prison. Fun build and had a great time conversing with everyone. Life happened between then and now. Still got...
  2. ACD

Hello again!

Yes it's me, older wiser, and just as crazy. I still have the "Escaped Convict" and have continued to acquire and sell bikes here and there. Just saying hi, seeing what's up, and getting motivated for perhaps doing another build in the future. Aaron
  3. ACD

28" combination tube/tire repro's?

Sensor do the sew-ups just glue on like the original or does sew-up mean something else I am uniquely unqualified to do? :D Aaron
  4. ACD

Sensor thank you! Grey tires was what I was hoping for. Aaron
  5. ACD

The old guy I got my Columbia from bought some a while back. Just gotta get in touch with him. He sold nearly everything in a package deal to a guy in northern Maine. He kept a few choice bikes. His health is failing and he can't restore em anymore. I hope he can help a bit with this one...
  6. ACD

Picked up a mid 20's Hawthorne Flyer made by Elgin with steel lined wood rims with 28" glue-on tires that are combination tube/tires. Does anyone know of a repro source for these? Aaron
  7. ACD

Autobike Classic...

I remember the ads on TV for them but know little about them. Nice find though! Looks to be in great shape. Aaron
  8. ACD

My Elgin Hawthorn Flyer found today!

The other side: Aaron
  9. ACD

My Elgin Hawthorn Flyer found today!

Yes despite rumors of my demise I still exist and have lurked over the past several months. I've been busy and frankly just haven't done anything with bikes. The Escaped Convict is alive and well but is suffering from two flat tires due to spontaneous tube failure. I've kept my eye out for...
  10. ACD

Fire bikes...

Thanks guys, it is no ones fault but my own. I don't know what to do at this point. Wife is pushing for the B word. Kinda scared and feeling like a failure right now. Good things bikes are free often enough. Aaron
  11. ACD

Fire bikes...

The thermometer on the bank hit 63 today Chris!! Still a few big snowbanks in the parking lots and some hidden in the woods but it's melting fast. As to how I am? Well health wise I'm good. Financially I'm in poor shape. Had to take a second job on, still not making it. My own fault. This...
  12. ACD

Fire bikes...

Well I got an unusual score today (Yes I am still alive, just tired, broke, and depressed :D ) I do fire and water damage restoration in homes and today scored two 1 year old kids Townie Electra's. 1 is a black single speed, the other is a maroon Townie 7. Work has commenced on the 7 the...
  13. ACD

Shameless Self Promotion

As I mentioned earlier my brother created a financial advice blog... http://www.treesfullofmoney.com Logically he asked me to make him a forum to go with it. Check it out here http://personalfinance.proboards54.com This one was fun to make! This is the 5th forum I have created for someone. Aaron
  14. ACD

New bike hauler...

Our Jeep got totaled. I wanted a 35mpg car to replace it. Wife wanted a truck. My wife is the epitomy of the Red Neck Woman song. So any of you who are married know what we got. Here she is in all her glory... 92 Chevy 1500 4x4 Ext Cab 350, AT. Has some rust and few eccenticities but I...
  15. ACD

lunar eclipse

Saw it! It was cool. Saw a full solar eclipse once that was more impressive. Still it breaks up the monatony of winter. Aaron
  16. ACD

Bike people... a story of a sale and a gift.(PHOTO ADDED)

See photo added to original post. This is the biggest Saddle I have seen on a bike like this. It is a Zepper like the Pashley had. Aaron
  17. ACD

Bike people... a story of a sale and a gift.(PHOTO ADDED)

So I have been advertising a lot of my bikes for sale. My wife got rear ended and our trusty 94 Jeep Cherokee was totaled. It was one of those deals where the car just wasn't worth much to anyone but us. We bought it back from the insurance company and are driving it still but we need a new...
  18. ACD

Experience with Sachs Torpedo 3-speed hub?

My Pashley WorkBike has one. I don't have much experience with it yet due to snow but if Pashley uses them they can't be that bad. Aaron
  19. ACD

Help me pull one over on my brother!!

Dad did it for both of us when we turned 12. He bought me Mattel stock. It was fun to learn how it worked. Alas my brother ended up paying far more attention to it than I did and is thus far better off. My dad did start a college fund for both my sons when they were born. Those are doing...
  20. ACD

Help me pull one over on my brother!!

Can you guys and gals help me trick my brother?? He and I do not always agree politically but we get along well. He just started a financial advice Blog thing. I don't care if you read it but I would like to get him a bunch of hits his opening week make him think he's the next Matt Drudge...
Back