Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

0.065" tubing vs. 0.05"

has anyone used 0.05" wall tube for frames? ive used 0.065 wall but would like to try something light thanks
  2. V

diamond tube frame

Thanks! I was on the firebikes website and it says he uses 1 1/2" and 3/4" tubing on the fluid frames. Judging from pictures of kamilos' bikes he uses smaller tubing for the main frame probably 1". I'm having some v grooved rollers made for my tubing roller that will handle up to 1 1/2" tube, I...
  3. V

diamond tube frame

does anyone know what size square tubing guys like kamilos and sam from firebikes are using for there diamond tube frames i want to try a frame but not sure what size to use. thanks
  4. V

offset rear sprocket

I know you can buy them from a few places but has anyone built one and how? any ideas?
  5. V

jesse james bike

i was going to buy it for the forks, bottom bracket shell, headtube shell, and the wheels if they were 24". but if they are 20's not worth the 100 bucks to me. i didnt want to use the frame.
  6. V

jesse james bike

does anyone know what size wheels are on the jesse james chopper bicycle with the small tank i may buy one to chop up for parts, if it has 24" wheels
  7. V

B frame

What size tubing are you using for this frame? I just started building a frame and am using 1.5" tube because that's the size of the dies that come with the HF tubing roller , but it seems pretty beefy
  8. V

B frame

I love that frame. Well all his frames really, he said it was cool if I build his bobster last summer and it turned out great.
  9. V

B frame

Looking great so far. Reminds me of kamilos' first baron frame. Keep the pictures coming
  10. V

24" 80mm wheels ERD

anyone know the ERD for 80mm 24" rims from choppersus.com??? thanks
  11. V

convert flux core to gas mig

i have a cheapo harbor freight flux core welder and was wondering if anyone has converted one of these to a gas mig? im sure it can be done, but if someone has done it before, it will save me doing trial and error. thanks :lol:
  12. V

Headtube

I have built a couple frames now and just cut headtubes out of old frames, but I need a longer tube than I can find on any old frames what tube do I need for a 1 inch head tube? Thanks
  13. V

Tubing roller dies

Is there anywhere you can buy v-grooved rollers for a tube roller? To roll square tube on the corner or should I just go to a machine shop and get them made?? Thanks
  14. V

Swing Monster Bike (videos p.5)

Re: swing monster bike after simply rolling a sheet of good size and welded together the pieces of rim What gauge sheet metal do you use for the rim?
  15. V

Dropouts

What is the best size steel plate to make dropouts out of???
  16. V

nexus inter-3 sg-3c40 hub

so I bought a nexus inter-3 SG-3C40 today for 10 bucks and took it apart looks like all the parts are there except one of the axle bearings is broken easy to replace. but here is the question, it doesnt have the shifter push rod, can a revo shifter be used on this model hub or do I need another...
  17. V

head tube and bb size

So the bb in the video, that is 2 inch schedule 40 pipe he uses??
  18. V

head tube and bb size

besides cutting a head tube and bb out of an old bike frame. where can you buy tube for them, what size tube do i need?? thanks
  19. V

welding emt conduit

so i have the 120 volt harborfrieght flux core welder and am welding emt conduit 3/4" and 1" any advise on settings for wire speed and if it should be on high or low. I have tried on both and the steel is so thin ive been burning through not sure if i should increase wire speed or what? help...
  20. V

Frame tubing

perfect thanks for the help
Back