Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RatRod Diva

Question about Roadmaster headset size

Hey guys! I need a little help with choosing the right headset for my roadmaster. The readings I seem to be getting say I need a 22.2 x 32.5 x 27mm headset. Is this exactly what I need or will any 22.2mm fit? This would be for vintage Roadmasters...mostly prewar i.e the luxury liner and a few...
  2. RatRod Diva

Restoring a ladies Hawthorne dumpster find (Updated 10/5/11)

Re: Breathing new life into a ladies Hawthorne dumpster find. For some reason my browser cuts off part of the pictures and I couldn't see the date..just the August part. Maybe it's my refusal to upgrade to the latest version of explorer (I fear change). :lol: Love this bike and can't wait to...
  3. RatRod Diva

Restoring a ladies Hawthorne dumpster find (Updated 10/5/11)

Re: Breathing new life into a ladies Hawthorne dumpster find. I'm drooling over your find! Your fiance will be one lucky girl. I love the newspapers and the small town tidbits we get to revisit. Can you find a year on any of the pages? Keep us posted with updates please!
  4. RatRod Diva

*'36 Road Star*

I'm so wanting that chainguard! I've already done a search on ebay and no luck yet but you can bet I'm going to keep looking :) Great job on the build btw!
  5. RatRod Diva

Finished my Huffy 1964 Galaxie! (finally)

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! Kind of makes you forget about the total frustration at times trying to make newer parts work on an old bike. My next project is going to be a bicycle for my sister. I have a 1962 schwinn fiesta frame I'm going to start with. I'm not crazy about the...
  6. RatRod Diva

Thanks for all the nice feedback guys! Jimmy fyi..the duplicolor is phenominal. It goes on beautifully and stays nice and flexible..so no cracking or peeling. I got mine in an auto supply store.
  7. RatRod Diva

my new pal Lewis

Congrats on the new puppy! He's beautiful and love the name. Crate training is essential and will help foster a secure dog who is comfortable when you leave and won't destroy the house. If he whines when you leave you can put a stuffed frozen kong in there with him and don't say a word when...
  8. RatRod Diva

I originally wanted to enter this bike in last years build off but life got in the way and I didn't finish it. After struggling with a dull finish from a spray can I decided to get it powder coated (I know...a ratrod no-no) The Florida heat and humidity is not friendly to a glossy finish from a...
  9. RatRod Diva

Street Hog tires whitewall with red or grey tread!

Hello...not sure if anyone knew that this company does in fact ship to the USA. It's not cheap by any means but for around $150.00 (estimate) you'll have one set of wicked tires! http://classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes- ... html?cur=1
  10. RatRod Diva

Barefoot Delivery

Ok...LOVE this bike! I have a few favorites and it's going to be hard to pick just one. Can you please please please tell me how you did the woodgrained rims?
  11. RatRod Diva

HotRodGirl

Hey Rob I'm going to follow Gerry's example here and not clog up your thread with my questions. I will say that I'm thrilled there is another girls bike in the contest (I think that makes 3) and I'm sure it will be great. I really am looking forward to seeing what you do with her and good luck!
  12. RatRod Diva

HotRodGirl

Well color me confused! lol Ok then what model is your bike? All this time I'm thinking I had a Victoria coming to me based on that pic. The bike I'm getting is the same bike that you have and now it remains a mystery as to the model.
  13. RatRod Diva

HotRodGirl

Edited because I was wrong lol
  14. RatRod Diva

HotRodGirl

Is that a CCM Victoria? I have one coming to me very soon from my favorite Canadian and I can't wait to get started on it. Well after I finish my Huffy Galaxie of course lol. Of all the girl's frames though, the Victoria is my favorite..love those long curvy lines. I'm going to keep the 700c...
  15. RatRod Diva

The Hometown Hero

Re: Martian Girl from Planet V Woo Hoo! A second girls bike! I think you and I may have the only 2 in the contest. I'm going for a 50s theme as well but mine is more 50s picnic theme. Love where you're going as I'm a big fan of diners and cheesy B films lol.
  16. RatRod Diva

Picnic Paradise

lol the tree is in my little flower shop...we have all four seasons out all year long...hence the tree. Sadly there was no money in that tank, but there was a dead spider...bleh. I had no idea I had the only girls bike entered tho I thought I might be the only girl in the competition. I love...
  17. RatRod Diva

Picnic Paradise

Ok I'm entering my old Huffy Galaxie in the build-off. It will be a good incentive for me to finish it! I'm posting a few pics of the before to start with and I'm thinking you can guess by the name where I'm going with it. Think girly, 50s, picnic :) This is how she looked when I first got...
  18. RatRod Diva

Hello from Florida!

deorman...trust me they were on the garage floor for for awhile but I think I've come up with a solution. My problem is that I'm trying to make my middleweight bike into a balloon tire bike. The tires fit fine but the fenders have been a bit tight. I'm going to cut them into shortys. Not too...
  19. RatRod Diva

Hello from Florida!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to enter one of the build-offs if I can ever solve my fender problem on my Huffy!
  20. RatRod Diva

Hello from Florida!

I've been perusing this site for months now and have finally joined. I'm just a girl who has a love for bicycles- especially vintage ones. Currently I'm working on a 1964 Huffy Galaxie. Though the bike was original and complete, I decided to take it all apart and rebuild it into something fresh...
Back