Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Day-Glo Huffy (Monoshock content inside)

Here's the latest bike I've laid my hands on, I just finished it up tonight. It's a Huffy Monoshock that had lived the last few years in somebody's backyard. Before: After:
  2. K

Day-Glo Huffy

that's a pretty cool frame you've got there, I like the chainring. It's finally done! Rode it around the block a bit and took some pics. It' pretty interesting to ride around since you're sitting right over the rear wheel; it's fun to hop the front over a speed bump then have the back kick...
  3. K

Day-Glo Huffy

almost done! I just need to get some tubes and attempt to mount the tires again. Then I can set the chain length and start riding :D here's a teaser pic:
  4. K

Monkey Panic

I would have called it the "tooth chipper" :D
  5. K

Day-Glo Huffy

it seems like it's been forever since I got anything done on the bike, but I finally got it painted. I think it came out pretty nice, I'm really happy with the color. I still need to paint the handlebars; they're in primer now and I'm going to put some satin black on them. And I don't know...
  6. K

the 'hood cruiser

looking good. Do you high-center the bike much? It looks pretty low. :D
  7. K

Phantom Menace

that's pretty cool, I like the mix of old and new. Kind of a klunker of steroids with that crazy front fork :D
  8. K

bike ID, serial number pic

thanks everybody. I still don't know what to do with it, I should probably get rid of it since I'm moving soon and need to get rid of some stuff. Plus I'm not big on the ladies frame.
  9. K

bike ID, serial number pic

I don't know what kind of bike this is, but it's been taking up space in the garage. I'm looking to get rid of it, but want to make sure it isn't some rare, valuable bike or anything. any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  10. K

What Do You Use To Remove Grease From Bearings?

brake parts cleaner works well for me; I'll use a nylon bristle brush (or a toothbrush) if the grease is really old and stubborn, but usually just spraying them down with brakleen will get the job done quickly.
  11. K

Day-Glo Huffy

yeah, it's got that big warning sticker and everything! I do put some air in the tubes before installing them; these plastic wheels have a really thick walls, so it's just kind of a pain. I got the front tire installed on the first try.
  12. K

Day-Glo Huffy

got my bearings ordered, I should get them this weekend. My buddy still has the frame though, so probably won't get anything done this weekend. I've been having problems getting my rear tire mounted though, I keep pinching the tube between the tire bead and the rim. Ruined 2 new tubes already...
  13. K

lowrider style forks?

search for "bent springer fork" on ebay, you should find a few. 26" ones are not quite as common, but still plentiful. I got lucky and found mine on craigslist.
  14. K

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

I hope that when you showed up at the cruise-in, you told them Large Marge sent you :D And that Rose City Round-Up looks pretty cool, plus it's only a couple miles from my house! I'll have to ride down there and check it out.
  15. K

Day-Glo Huffy

nice! I don't think I have the coordination to pull off any wheelies though. Progress pics: My friend who has a sandblaster is going to finish stripping the paint in all the tight spots. The go-kart shock fits perfectly, so that worked out well. I got the paint, all I need now are a headset...
  16. K

Day-Glo Huffy

got most of the frame stripped down, including the fork. I just need to get one of my buddies with a sandblaster to get all the tight spots that I couldn't get with a wire wheel. I think I'm still leaning towards a newer bmx fork, as this one would need the dropouts enlarged to fit the new...
  17. K

Day-Glo Huffy

got a big box of parts yesterday, now I need to get some wire wheels and get to stripping the frame down. Also going to get a new bottom bracket bearing set and I might score a newer bmx fork and go threadless on the headset. Decided I'm not going to try to paint the wheels, there's too many...
  18. K

Day-Glo Huffy

still waiting on parts. I've gotten my lime green pedals and a bmx-style quill stem, but still waiting on the new crank, rims, tires, chain, and grips. I also ordered a shock for a yerf-dog go kart that should fit. I might need to bend the front mounting plates out a hair to fit it, but it...
  19. K

Day-Glo Huffy

good call, I just ordered a set. They might not be bright enough for what I want, but they are cheap enough to try them out.
  20. K

Day-Glo Huffy

ok, so I know this isn't the usual fodder for this site, but I think it's going to be a pretty cool project anyway. I picked up an old Huffy Monoshock on Craigslist in pretty rough shape, it looks like it's been living outside for a while. The plan is to strip it down, paint it a gunmetal...
Back