Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

All before 8:00am.

Man! There is nothing around me that cool, i would have been stoked to get the best to crap girl schwinn but that corvette and straight bar black schwinn are sweet! were these free :shock:
  2. L

Gigante road bike, good will find

Yeah it was a 20 inch frame, sold it to some older lady
  3. L

Dump score..

I had a purple Peugeot like that I loved it , it was completely rust covered.
  4. L

Eh if i rebuilt everything , and found the right buyer and everything I think 100-140$ tops would have been possible but I am into the quick flip and spending as little time as possible for the next bike. Bikes are just a hobby my real flipping is bass guitars , made abut 2,000$ flipping those...
  5. L

59 schwinn tornado "Red" NEW PICS

Re: 59 schwinn tornado "Red" man I am glad you decided to keep it as stock as possible , that is a nice bike and not enough nice old schwinns like that around.
  6. L

4/21/1960 this now patina covered schwinn was born

that looks like a typhoon very sweet bike! Yes i dig the patina i cleaned any loose rust of the parts put I wont repaint the bike or touch up anything it earned the scars. I will PM you in a bit thanks alot!
  7. L

4/21/1960 this now patina covered schwinn was born

This bike came to me from a guy I get schwinns from , I know he probably grabs them at half the price I pay as he finds them in barns etc. I paid 80$ which I think is a fair/good price for what it is, overall its all original everything ,even the tires and the rims and tires are in fantastic...
  8. L

I love the generator I got off it, it may find a home on my schwinn.I get really lazy with bike restores unless I keep it , then an 8 hour day busting ... on it is nothing but If I flip a bike I usually leave it as is if i know the difference in cleaning it up is only about 20$.
  9. L

Today's finds: Phantom repop & Electra Jeremy

There is an original phantom in portlan oregon for 400$. whats the value of that in its current state, myab eI should grab it and sorry to derial the thread http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bik/1946692253.html
  10. L

I went into goodwill, 3 minutes later I was at the register with this. Gigante overall good shape, I saw 12.99$ and just grabbed it , like instinct :D I was thinking I would clean it up and flip it then i got lazy , posted it on craigs for 65$ and it sold for 65$. From buying it to selling it...
  11. L

59-62 speedster in ratty orginal patina

Thanks guys i cant believe I got it yesterday , allready put ten hours of work into it. Now it looks kinda clean in the picture but the inner fenders were coated about a 1/4 inch think with old mud, tar grese stuff that took about an hour to get out. The crank area was the same and each spoke...
  12. L

59-62 speedster in ratty orginal patina

This bike came to me from a guy I get schwinns from , I know he probably grabs them at half the price I pay as he finds them in barns etc. I paid 80$ which I think is a fair/good price for what it is, overall its all original everything ,even the tires and the rims and tires are in fantastic...
  13. L

b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

Looks great, there is the same excercycle in someones yard down the road, i may have to grab that.
  14. L

Jc Higgins JetFlow

Thanks, off to home depot, again :mrgreen:
  15. L

Jc Higgins JetFlow

Wow thats a sweet looking bike, I am sure it will clean up well. I am picking up this late 50's schwinn today (thread will be started soon) and with its amount of surface rust i want to soak all parts , rims etc in a big tub. Based in the experience you have of this ZEP do you think I should...
  16. L

built for speed(ster)..done.

is that a 24 inch like this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SCHWINN-BIC ... 2305f0bfc5
  17. L

colors for a paint job needs a touch of CLASS

I think almond and creme would rock ,
  18. L

late phantom broke my "never pay more than $50 a bike" rule

Re: i broke my "never pay more than $50 a bike" rule That bike was well worth the rule breaker , looks sweet but needs different bars for sure IMO.
  19. L

Un-named Diamond Build

That blue schwinn is amazing , seriously i want that haha :mrgreen:
  20. L

Camelback Varsity

I have that frame but its on an all original speedster 1973 weird. I was given a 1977 varsity today in that color but not a camel back it was so trashed and missing so much stuff i took the forks, headset , brake system and scraped the rest . Yours looks great and honestly i dont think that...
Back