Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jcsmith

Question on an Electra Rat Rod

Can anyone help me with the size of the older model single Speed Electra Rat Rod seat post? I have a Seat post mounted rear rack that I am trying to use on it. It is one that bolts around the seat post. The Seat post on the Rat Rod is too small, and the shims that came with it are barley too...
  2. jcsmith

Worksman Fork Question

Thanks for the advice Jeremy! I really appreciate it. I will have to try the PB blaster and I may have a rod the same length that I can use to tap the wedge out with. Worse come to worse, I can always purchase a new bolt wedge and stem from Worksman if I needed to. Thank you again for your...
  3. jcsmith

Worksman Fork Question

Ok now that concerns me. When I was loosining the bolt, it felt like it was not unscrewing strate. When I finally got the bolt out, it looked shered off on the end. Would that mean that the bolt broke off in the wedge and I am now up the creek? :oops: :cry:
  4. jcsmith

Worksman Fork Question

Hi All, I was working on my Worksman project again after a long break. I have a Monarch Springer that I want to add to it. I am not very experienced in taking my bike apart or working on it. I thought that if I unscrewed the bolt in the top of the stem that the stem would come off. When...
  5. jcsmith

CWC-1 Updated 7/30/10 Build Finished!

Re: CWC-1 Updated 5/24/10 So does the white Vinigar eat the chrome, or just the rust?
  6. jcsmith

Woody Build Updates

Thanks for the encouragement. Since I received the fork the other day, I have not had a chance to work on the chainguard. I need to go to the wood shop and see what veneers they have. I also really like the Monark springer. I think it looks cool and classy. 8)
  7. jcsmith

Electra Bicycle Pics

Here is the Electra I bought for my wife for Christmas. I switched out the original seat and grips for Leopard print ones, added the Leopard print tank bag and the wicker basket. The basket is flease lined and made just for pets. I got it because my wife wants to take our Min Pin on ride.
  8. jcsmith

Woody Build Updates

Well, I had a bit of excitement today! I received my springer fork today! :D It looks like it will need a lot of cleanup, and I will need to make the hole in the rocker plates larger to fit my axel. I may also need to widen the springer part a little to fit the fenders. I took some shots of...
  9. jcsmith

Woody Build Updates

Re: Woody Build LOL.... actually she is happy I am finally, after years, getting rid of all the really nice scrap wood that has been taking up space in the garage. :D I cut a piece for the chain guard, which was way too thick. It also ended up with a small crack near the bottom. I do not...
  10. jcsmith

Woody Build Updates

Woody Build Update 5/17 So I know it has been quite a while since I posted any progress. I have been moving slow, because I have been trying to gather parts, and woodworking can be a little tricky when you do not have the tools you need. :wink: Anyway, I have made some progress. I finished...
  11. jcsmith

The Rose City Rocketeer

I deffinitaly like the look of the chain guard and the beehive springer!
  12. jcsmith

Worksman Hub Question

Hi All. I really want to thank everyone for their knowledge and help. When you start out only knowing how to put air in your bike tiers, it is really great to have a community that is always willing to lend a helping hand, knowledge and opinions. Thank you!
  13. jcsmith

Worksman Hub Question

Well it is definitely still cool. I would like to eventually upgrade it to a drum brake hub. I know I can get it direct from Worksman. I think it costs a bit though. The other cool thing is the spokes are 11 gage according to my "LBS".
  14. jcsmith

Worksman Hub

I apologize all. I accidentally put this in here instead of the "Bike Talk" forum. Sorry about that. I reposted it there. :oops:
  15. jcsmith

Worksman Hub Question

I accidentally put this in the "Fresh Finds" forum and I meant to put this here. Sorry about that. Hello all, Hopefully one of you can help me. I have a Worksman bike that I bought awhile back. (It is the one I am working on as the Woody Build.) I am trying to figure out why the front hub is so...
  16. jcsmith

Worksman Hub

Hello all, Hopefully one of you can help me. I have a Worksman bike that I bought awhile back. (It is the one I am working on as the Woody Build.) I am trying to figure out why the front hub is so large? Does anyone know? Could it be that it is so larg, because it is suppose to be a drum brake...
  17. jcsmith

The Rose City Rocketeer

Your welcome. I look forward to watching your progress.
  18. jcsmith

The Rose City Rocketeer

You should do the fin in a brass/copper kind of color similar to that of the helmet. That would really allow it to hearken back to the suit and helmet. You should also think about doing a leather seat and grips to match the leather color from his Jacket. It an awesome idea for a theme!
  19. jcsmith

Gee Bee Tribute Bike *Update 3/15*

Re: Gee Bee Tribute Bike I have so say, I am likening your build. I think the inspiration and your mockups look great and I like the color scheme you are planning. I definitely like the Ducktail Fenders and the Springer. I plan on getting some, (probably Chrome ones) for my Woody build and will...
  20. jcsmith

Simple cleanup gone awry- Cutting Holes!

WOW!! That is awsome! 8) I really like the holes. You should continue them on the down tube as well. Maybe even smaller ones in the smaller tubes. Man this is going to be one cool bike!
Back