Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. nwlee

(To be named) Beach Cruiser

Could you attach a zink? (or whatever they are called, the doolybobs made of zink that electrically protect metalfrom salt corosion)
  2. nwlee

Kent Washington bike ride??? April 17 2010

I hope the weather cooperates Saturday.
  3. nwlee

first build -Magnacruiser-

Man, that's a beautiful bike! It looks like you have to lean way forward, not back though. I want to be relaxed, semi-recumbent, but maybe with the right handlebars, hmmm.
  4. nwlee

Comfort was a major goal, as was ease of use, I'm not on my tippy toes when stopped, but flat footed and it handles good, starts with almost no wobble. I also wanted to be able to ride it wherever i wanted to, so it needed gears. All this without sacrificing style, and of course it was fun to build.
  5. nwlee

I've been tweeking the bike, riding a few miles checking, tweeking, riding, and it's pretty nice the gear ratios on this 24' mountain bike are close like a road bike so I don't have the range I expect on a full size mountain bike, but they aren't bad as long a I don't have to climb too steep of...
  6. nwlee

The Military Mountain Chopper

WOW! I love the handlebars and the fender,perfect for this bike which has great lines and proportion, too bad about the stem.
  7. nwlee

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE here's my bike
  8. nwlee

Rat back atcha!
  9. nwlee

Finished the seatback fabrication, bracket needs paint. I'm getting impatient and made a few mistakes, but I covered them up, mostly.
  10. nwlee

Still waiting for the paint to cure after finding that it needed touching up, so I've done a couple small things. I welded on a bracket for the headlight to the upper triple tree and shortened the part of the headlight bracket to be more like the concept drawing. Also took a stab at the seatback...
  11. nwlee

UH OH I discovered today that the wire in my HF welder is the original! I thought I replaced it with the Lincoln, but I found that when cleaning up my bench. No wonder it seemed about the same, althogh with alot less spatter, could that be technique? NAH
  12. nwlee

3 Speed tibetan buddhisturmey archer lowrider build

om mani padme hung, pedal your way to nirvana. nice bike too, was that a double shift? I'd love to clone something like that for my bike.
  13. nwlee

Moved the frame to the back yard, got some pics. It looks OK if you don't look too close. I got a lantern battery for the gen/light set I am trying come up with a box (or something) to put it in and mount (hang from top tube or on lower triple tree?) not sure what approach to take at all.
  14. nwlee

I painted the frame with Rustoleum metalic black which came out fairly good, my welds filled with bondo don't stand out. The paint is interesting, sorta semi-gloss with super fine metal flakes, charcoal color with sparkle. I've read how fragile fresh paint is so I'm afraid to even move it, give...
  15. nwlee

Basman 346 updated new rubber 4-21-13

Re: Basman 346 updated 3-14-10 new pics Beautiful bike, can you tell us about the stick-shift? I was think about trying to fabricate one, but if I could buy one for a decent price I'd do that.
  16. nwlee

The Military Mountain Chopper

Nice bike, and the pink handlebars are a nice touch. Maybe paint it purple and pink cammo? Kinda yin and yang, super macho bike with a feminine touch.
  17. nwlee

I'd love to see pics phil. I'm still thinking of a back rest, maybe steel rod attached to seat frame...dunno.
  18. nwlee

Been goofing off and only doing a little here and there. It seems finishing is taking forever! But, it's ready for paint and then assembly, WOO HOO!
  19. nwlee

Started bondo-ing, it's a learning experience like everything else on this bike. I was a little heavy handed applying the bondo and now most of it will be sanded (or whatever) off, found drywall sanding screen works fairly well. Ordered a generator light set, which I plan to convert to LED, may...
  20. nwlee

Almost finished, ground the welds as far as I dare, and they are still ugly, need bondo! Test drove it and I love it! Gearing could be better-upgradeable, pedals close to front wheel (but ok I guess) and to ground (corners will be interesting). Seat position is where I hoped it would be and can...
Back