Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NLCTVWguy

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKES

So much talent on display. So many wild styles and cool rides in both classes. All builders who made it to this page: congratulations! You guys are making trends happen in design and style of production models on the street. You saw it here first! Ride on!
  2. NLCTVWguy

70s 10 speed in vintage photo

From about 1975 or 76 in my city. Think the 10 speed in this photo is an early Fuji? Tell me your thoughts. The outdoor shopping mall here was created in 1972 and torn up, turned back into a city street in 1988 (after most of the businesses closed.) The photo just surfaced on a historical FB...
  3. NLCTVWguy

RAW DEAL

Nice work Steve!
  4. NLCTVWguy

Moon Over River Rats

This summer, riding on the piers of our city's Waterfront Park, 2 rats and the rising full moon. This was taken in New London, Connecticut, facing east over the Thames River. Bikes are a West Coast Choppers Limited custom 3-speed, owned by Josh Haysliip, and Ground Zero, a custom tall chopper...
  5. NLCTVWguy

NERRB: Bike New London custom bike ride June 27th, CT

We've got our community bike shop up and running now in downtown New London. Thought we'd invite everyone to check it out and go for a fun easy ride around town too. Saturday, June 27th 2015, at 2PM, we're getting together at Bike New London's shop: 310 State Street, New London, CT 06320 for...
  6. NLCTVWguy

NERRB Northampton, MA Nightlife Ride 5 Saturday July, 11th

Always want to ride with you guys, but the 11th is Sailfest in our town... if you've been in New London for it then you know what I'm talking about. Stevil does! We're working on another event here for a ride at the end of June... post to follow! --Rob
  7. NLCTVWguy

Dec 6th! New England Holiday Get Together??

We're on our way up from New London. See you guys soon! --Rob
  8. NLCTVWguy

Dec 6th! New England Holiday Get Together??

Dudes! I'm in. See you Saturday. May bring some new people and definitely some bikes on the rack to ride or hang out with. Also want to talk about our upcoming swap meet(s) in New London and I have a surprise for everyone. --Rob
  9. NLCTVWguy

1945 Elgin by Junknutz1975

Looks good man! Thanks for the tour too, you know I love the stories behind these places and New England is full of them. Myself I work in a mill on an 1867 industrial site. Good luck in the BuildOff! --Rob
  10. NLCTVWguy

What frame is this?

You got a Worksman INB. The world standard industrial bike. Made in NYC. Fairly expensive, tough as nails, and still being made. All parts available from Worksman Cycles. I ride one at work with the same big Wald basket. Great bikes and worth whatever you paid for it.
  11. NLCTVWguy

Howe Caverns Bicycle Build Off Sunday July 27th

Love it, going to try to make this one. Planning a little summer vacation that will include a stop here. --Rob
  12. NLCTVWguy

Anybody have a Sears Railroad attachment?

What could possibly go wrong? :O
  13. NLCTVWguy

Sting-ray Junior

Hi there, The Stingray Juniors are pretty cool bikes. They were primarily meant to be for littler kids, but with a full size sissy bar, and a full length chrome seat post they can get just about as tall as a full size Stingray. Of course if you want it for a young kid or smaller teen, it'll be...
  14. NLCTVWguy

Need Help IDing Frame Please

I can't verify what the serial number means, but my 1980's INB, my work bike, is built identically to yours. My dropouts point more toward the ground at a 45° angle, but that's about the only difference. Definitely the large Worksman frame. These used axle adjusters like a motorcycle for the...
  15. NLCTVWguy

new project, don't know what it is

I'd say so far everyone's been correct about this one. It's some sort of Schwinn straight-bar frame, and while it's tough to pin down to an individual model, it could be one of these: http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1961_1970/1961_07.html (Tornado in the lower left of that page.) Find the...
  16. NLCTVWguy

help identify old cruiser please

As others have stated, it's a Huffy. Not extremely rare, not really valuable as a collectible bike. Do what suits you. For filling the holes, if you're not going to have them welded up, JB Weld is as good as anything I guess. Sandblasting's the best way to have a clean starting point. I...
  17. NLCTVWguy

robin hood 3 speed anyone know what its worth?

Yeah if he wants more than $100 in my opinion that bike's gonna sit. There are about 10 brands of English 3-speeds, all with some connection to Raleigh, and this is one of them. It may in fact be rare, and it may even be in good shape, but they're not a collectible bike and never have been...
  18. NLCTVWguy

Help!! Vintage bike found!!

Quite a find, though I'm not sure exactly what it is you've found. The red bike is quite a work of art. Something by our daddy's Rat Rod Bikers. The yellow bike was definitely a Schwinn Krate, though you'd want to figure out what the original color is to be sure. The front wheel on the red...
  19. NLCTVWguy

vintage white horn and elite bicycle light ???

I bought a light identical to that "ELITE" when I was about 10 or 11 years old, so you can date that about 1980. It came with a bracket that screwed to the handlebars, and left a paddle sticking straight up. You could clip the light onto the mount or pull it up and off to use as a flashlight...
  20. NLCTVWguy

Quick Turnaround Huffy Good Vibrations commuter

A friend of ours has been giving us a hand with major house projects this summer. He's been in between regular jobs and hasn't had much luck finding anything that pays a living wage around here or gives enough hours. His bike has been his lifeline, and he's had several that I've helped him...
Back