Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jasper87

FAVORITE PHOTO VOTE

Thanksfor the vote Bike Bum:thumbsup: Unfortunately as I was down to the wire it wasn't my first or even second choice of background, but I did the best with what I had. I happened to be laying flat on my stomach about 25ft away with a 200mm lens at about f3.5 for that shallow depth of field...
  2. jasper87

MotoDromo Special II... cutting it close.

Haha thanks. You should definitely build a motorized bike, I built my first one while in college in my in my 3rd floor apartment kitchen. Rode it to class every day:thumbsup: Thanks, lol I cant recommend it more, definitely opens up a world of fun:crazy:. I got the sprocket from a broken...
  3. jasper87

Thanks Kingfish:thumbsup: I really had a blast building it. I guess the years of trolling sites like BikeExif finally paid off.
  4. jasper87

Haha how right you are, I almost forgot what the sun looked like:rolleyes: And you'd be more than welcome to take it for a spin, thanks!:thumbsup: Thanks! I really put my heart and soul into this one, an homage to a life long love of racing and vintage motorcycles. And on a surprisingly small...
  5. jasper87

MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Thanks, thanks and thanks!!:grin: Wohoo thanks!:thumbsup:
  6. jasper87

Thanks! Sweet thanks! And I almost didn't make the vid... Thanks! It's good to stretch her legs... Thanks! Definitely an epic 10th build off.
  7. jasper87

Shoot!:( I forgot the finished build threads would be locked after the deadline, I just finished editing a little video I wanted to add to my post. Oh well, here it is anyway
  8. jasper87

Thanks! and I did! Thanks! Thanks! I had no idea how the pipes would sound, but they sound way better than a single pipe:grin: Indeed it does! It was a tight one :thumbsup: Thanks!:thumbsup: Thanks! yea the sound turned out way different than any motorized bike ive ever heard... Went...
  9. jasper87

Well I cut that one a little closer than I would have liked, but better late than never. I have to admit I kinda burned myself out getting the bike done for last weeks Shiny Side Up show, and this week I was swamped at work. So instead of some subtle paint I went with some sticker bombing;) With...
  10. jasper87

It lives! I hope to see some of you tomorrow at the Shiny Side Up show!! Ill be wearing my RRB T-shirt:thumbsup:
  11. jasper87

With all the fab work done all that's left is a few details and odds and ends, so I started with the fairing. I made these mounting brackets that attach to the top fork tree, but like a derp I forgot to take a pic of it mounted:oops: Then I tackled the wiring. Since I got the new throttle I...
  12. jasper87

Haha indeed:thumbsup: Thanks! The 1/4 inch seat plate with the support bar underneath is very strong and there is no flex at all. I got about an 1/8 of clearance to the tire:grin: Thanks bud:thumbsup: I took a lot of inspiration from Shinya Kimura Haha Thanks:grin: Thanks:blush: Ive...
  13. jasper87

Lots of progress today, but first @j.sutterfield was kind enough to mention that my boost bottle placement was not going to work, so I needed to find a cool place above the carb... Its hidden now but I think this should do the trick:grin: I could tuck the tube under the seat but I kinda like...
  14. jasper87

Even if I had the time I don't think I would paint it, Im going to give it a nice brushed finish with some accent stripes and my logo in semi polish...I think:39:
  15. jasper87

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize that about the boost bottle! The air filter is a real vintage Indy velocity stack I picked up at a Goodguys swap... It took a lot of massaging to get it to fit. Thanks! I've been wanting to get some Biltwell stuff for a while...
  16. jasper87

I got a lot of progress done today so Ill let the pictures do the talking.:thumbsup: First the seat... Considering this is the first time I've tried to upholster anything and for that matter the first time I've worked with leather, Im super stoked with how it turned out! Then as I...
  17. jasper87

Haha thanks!:showingbiceps: :thumbsup: Try 3 days :eek::crazy: Im trying to have something resembling a finished bike for the Shiny Side Up show this sunday!!
  18. jasper87

Ive been sorting out a few odds and ends on the bike so I don't have much visual progress today, but I did finish welding and smoothing the seat... My boss was awesome enough to give me a really sweet piece of hide that will work perfectly for the seat. So I made a little seat pan and...
  19. jasper87

Thanks bud!:thumbsup: I forgot about the velodrome! that could be a good photo spot:39: Thanks for reminding me! :thumbsup: Thanks!:grin: Thanks! No im not gonna use the fog light with the fairing. Its just going to be a race fairing with no light... That's cool, I think this fog light it...
  20. jasper87

DESTINO FLYER (she is all done)

Congrats! looks awesome! I love how slammed it is and the stiping is delectable! See u at SSU :thumbsup:
Back