Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. gowjobs

Cherry Rides Again! - 1937 Rollfast 24"

The original 🍒"Cherry Liquor" was a dark red '80s cruiser with a widened knee-action springer, 24" Tuff wheels and 3" wide Felt Berm Master tires. "Cherry Rides Again" used the original hand-lettered sprocket, a 24" 1937 Rollfast frame and fork in a similar dark red, and a bunch of other...
  2. gowjobs

Carver Newsboy (retro Ti 29er)

My Carver Newsboy with a rigid Al/carbon Carver fork and Schwinn Phantom darts.
  3. gowjobs

Bird Bike

My Bird Bike should show up next week. Found a dealership locally selling for $699. Better than the $2k they were asking when they came out last year. Maybe I can 3d print a new housing for the dashboard display. That way I could switch to a better looking stem/bar combination.
  4. gowjobs

Shelby wishbone build.

Picked up this old Shelby frame in November, and the tank this month. Trying out a Sunlite springer fork, but that upper perch blocks so much of that cool head badge... Maybe I will try an old Schwinn fork instead. If I can find a 24" one with a long enough steerer, I can squeeze a 26" with a...
  5. gowjobs

What have I acquired here?!! (Oversized OPC)

I picked up a Free Agent Chromoly one-piece crank, and this thing is BIG. I mean, it's only 175mm in arm length, but I'm pretty sure it's drilled to accept 9/16 pedals, and no standard front sprocket will even slide down the length of the crankarm without real force being applied, and the...
  6. gowjobs

Proud Mary - A throwback Huffman ratrod bike

(Scene opens in a hazy flashback...) It all started with a set of hubs. They were 45 years or more old, and most people wouldn't have paid them any mind, but I did. I fell in love, and money was paypal'ed to a Canadian seller, and a week or two later I had them in my hot little fists. They...
  7. gowjobs

Giant LaFree Trasher Bash project.

I entered Eric Spinney's (Spindatt's) Trasher Bash bicycle build off last month using a battery-less 1999 Giant LaFree Sport that I got from the local bike co-op for $30. Plans are to treat it like a Honda Trail/Super Cub motorbike custom, but electric.
  8. gowjobs

Edgelord - 2017 AV Customs Raptor

Build thread https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/edgelord.113650/ Raptor frame. Shock replaced with aluminum block. Vintage banana seat. Flying Machine/Lawless Bicycle Products fork. Custom Laced 27.5x40mm (F) and 26x80mm (R) wheels on S-A drum hubs. 26x4.0 and 27.5x2.5 tires. 5speed shifted...
  9. gowjobs

Edgelord

"An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy." With that in mind, I will start out with an AV Customs RAPTOR frame, and a matching square tube...
  10. gowjobs

Duck [emoji1658] Nuggets ('37 Elgin Oriole)

Going to give this bad boy another shot. Other than a haphazard repaint and a couple of small dings, this is a nice example of an Elgin Oriole frame from 1937. Oriole was a lower line bike, and these frames don't seem to pull really big bucks, so I plan to CUT IT UP! My plan is to stretch/rake...
  11. gowjobs

BO15 CyberCYCO

This won't be the Class 2 entry with the most outlandish fabrication - it's a pretty old-school cut-and-paste RRBO entry in that regard - but it sure shouldn't be boring. Starting with a couple of bikes, and making one skid machine out of them is the plan. A dark, chrome-plated dystopian future...
  12. gowjobs

DXnard - Class 2

I had mentioned in the build off discussion that I had recently come up on another DX frame and fork. I started playing with it and some of my leftover bits and pieces this morning: So the Chop Shop Customz post, Patina Kustoms handlebars, and girder fork made the cut. I went to visit my...
  13. gowjobs

Beachcomber - Class 2

Don't know how many of you saw it during the RRBBO, but I took delivery of this AV Customs RAPTOR frame around the end of July. It's design is so different that it has taken me some time to come up with a style or theme in which to build it. While most musclebikes took their stance and styling...
  14. gowjobs

Tycoon: 1962 Schwinn Typhoon 27.5er Conversion

Well, it's done. Briefly: After abandoning my original plan to make a stretched/raked '51 DX, I swapped to my '62 Typhoon frame, and built it into a really nice strandie/klunk with 27.5er mags, and as many U.S. made components as I could manage. Before Pic: Build Thread...
  15. gowjobs

Did I miss something? "Final Photo"

Seems like in the past, finished build threads have included at least one "before" pic, a brief written summary of the build, a link to the build thread, and a bunch of photos of the finished project, the first of which would normally be the one used during voting. Did something change, or are...
  16. gowjobs

PhotoBucket viewing permissions restored?

Looks like all of those photobucket pics are back. Maybe PB came to their senses.
  17. gowjobs

RRBBO13 Tycoon - Almost finished!

(I'll add more pics soon) This will be a mix of old/new, traditional and modified, classy and trashy. If I do it right, it should turn into something that I want to ride all of the time. The only thing that I can say for an absolute right now is that it will have a Schwinn frame (or two) at its...
  18. gowjobs

If you'd asked me last week, I may have responded differently...

...but this week, I'm really getting a little fired up about building a bike again. As the start date approaches, I'm going to be hard-pressed to keep my hands off of my project until May 1. Anybody else feeling similarly?
  19. gowjobs

1951 Schwinn DX-L (Class 2)

Here's a little video of where it's starting. I wanted to ride it around for a bit before i cut it up to see if I had any other issues to take care of. What I didn't show in the time-lapse was trying to straighten out the rear end of the bike - more like spaghetti than seat/chain stays. And...
Back