Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. gowjobs

They freeze when they get wet

Grease your cables.
  2. gowjobs

Purchasing triple tree forks

If you mean where to get the best triple tree forks, I would say Lawless are pretty awesome. If you just want the best place to buy inexpensive triple tree forks made in the Far East, then just shop eBay.
  3. gowjobs

SOLD Ruff Cycles Lucky frame F/S

PM sent.
  4. gowjobs

Where Is The Whimsy?!

I don't know about the RRB Facebook group, but there are plenty of other custom bike groups on FB to get involved with, and draw one's attention away from here. My FB time is focused more on rides/event awareness than the actual groups, for the most part. As far as age goes, I think most of...
  5. gowjobs

Where Is The Whimsy?!

I wish I knew. I'm working on "The Wizard's Staff" right now. As far as whimsy goes, I figure a Terry Pratchett reference is a good start.
  6. gowjobs

Next build off………

It's a Deviate Tension chopper frame. I bought the bike complete, and then piled most of the parts in the "donate" box. These were built for a couple years by Nirve, back in the day. Deviate was sort of a side project to sell at sporting goods stores and military PX's, from what I gather.
  7. gowjobs

Next build off………

Hmmm... I did just pick this up:
  8. gowjobs

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKES

Next year, I am naming my build something that starts with "A". (Not that it will probably make a big difference.)
  9. gowjobs

Cherry Rides Again! - 1937 Rollfast 24"

Edited main post, swapping the order of the first two photos.
  10. gowjobs

I almost stopped by the local specialty soda pop /candy store to grab a sixer of some cherry drinks for the photos, but truth be told I don't really like cherry flavoring much. Thanks to you all for the kind kudos!
  11. gowjobs

Cherry Rides Again - 1937 Rollfast

Thanks! Before calling it complete, I added the six pack rack on the back, an old NOS Wald kickstand, and used the leftover links from the chain as a headset accent. Fun little bike!
  12. gowjobs

The original 🍒"Cherry Liquor" was a dark red '80s cruiser with a widened knee-action springer, 24" Tuff wheels and 3" wide Felt Berm Master tires. "Cherry Rides Again" used the original hand-lettered sprocket, a 24" 1937 Rollfast frame and fork in a similar dark red, and a bunch of other...
  13. gowjobs

It's done! Finished thread coming soon.
  14. gowjobs

Yeah, mine is pretty much done. I may add some tassels to the grips first, but all I really need to do is to take some pretty pictures, and do a witty write-up.
  15. gowjobs

I fixed the rear wheel, and put the new spokes/nipples into use while I was at it. I hadn't realized how much using long nipples back-dates a wheel. These are now long, pre-war style.
  16. gowjobs

I found them in a parts bucket years ago. My guess is that they were originally finials/nuts for securing a lampshade, and re-tapped to thread onto Schraeder valves.
  17. gowjobs

Handlebars are 1970s Nitto Japan. I think they were meant for a folding bike or something.
  18. gowjobs

Slow going, but I'm pretty close to complete. Made up a new bracket and mounted the chain guard, then I moved the crash bars back, and mounted them to the holes where the drop stand is supposed to bolt up. If I locate a 24" drop stand in the next week or so, I may ditch the crash bars in favor...
  19. gowjobs

The brake shoes wear down, and the springs lose tension over time, mostly. This hub is about 75 years old, so it's not entirely unexpected. That one is actually a leather Selle Anatomica saddle. This one is the newer, heavier duty one with the aluminum frame, for us clydesdales.
Back