Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sludgeguy

1948 Shelby Eagle Revival

As a quick reminder here is the before photo. This was after I literally drug Shelby out of an old bar... Sounds more impressive than rolled it out of a recycled bar made iintostorage shed... The Mrs wanted it shiny and new looking soo... I think it turned out okay. I repainted back to original...
  2. sludgeguy

Rat On! It's ALIVE!!!

I am finally getting back to my last year build off bike... It started out life as a Murray Solarflyte. Its going to be ratacular. this is the tail light I carved for it out of basswood. More soon...
  3. sludgeguy

51 Schwinn garage hanger

I just was given this, according to serial number and the original owner, 51 Schwinn straight bar. He was given it for Christmas in 1951 when he was 9. He lived on a farm and he and the bike had went through everything together. It has some mismatched parts, which he explained. The fenders look...
  4. sludgeguy

Memory Lane fall swap, when and who's going?

Is it Oct 21, 22? Who all is going? What kinda goodies are you dreading along to help lighten the wallet?
  5. sludgeguy

1939 Roadmaster, It's alive!

This was "yard art" I traded a friend out of. Here is the after, rides really well! So so smooth!
  6. sludgeguy

OH RATS!

This is my 1963 Murray Solar Flite. It shall become Rat On, my minds warped idea of a rat rod! This is my first time participating, hope it turns out something like the creation in my mind's eye! I have picked up a couple of roached Spaceliner parts for it last fall at the Memory Lanes swap. Now...
  7. sludgeguy

Resurrected Rolfast!

Here are the before pics, my first build. My sister was on the way to the scrap yard with it and I intercepted it. Couldn't even turn the handle bars. The rims and seat were trashed. So I found some replacements. Need a tip for breaking a skip tooth chain, got a girls bike I'm going to...
  8. sludgeguy

Filling rust pits before painting

Any wonderful tips to fill in the dips left after sandblasting a rust frame? Not looking forward to my idea, spray sanding primer and sand, then spray sanding primer and sand, then repeat. Frame cleaned up really well but the oxidation left divits on the top of all surfaces. Sorry if it's...
  9. sludgeguy

Raleigh 3 speed Colt ID

Hi all, Just purchased a womens Raleigh 3 speed Colt. Bought it with the intention of parting it out for my rat project, but when I got there, wow! Not really my kind of bike but maybe too nice to part out. The only flaw I see is some one added a rear carrier to it and the spring clip dented...
  10. sludgeguy

Need help ID-ing Gifts from Sister

Can you help to identify the boys bike the other 2 I know about. What a nice gift from a sweet sister! Need to know all I can about the boys bike, never saw one with "H"s all the way around the crank sproket. Thanks Sludgeguy
Back