Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. pubesandwich

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

This is one i built using mostly modern parts, but theres some vintage stuffs in there just to make it work... -most notable is the SoftRide "powerwing" carbon fiber wing that holds the seat on... -it is 6'6" at the handlebars -uses 2 sets of cranks, 2 chains, 1 floating chainring in the middle...
  2. pubesandwich

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE painted/built this 1977 rampar r-one. i have a thread detailing all the work, but here's a couple pictures...
  3. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

they are odyssey linear slic cables, this particular color is more "burnt orange" than brown, but they have made regular brown before. it is a 5mm brake cable w/ a 5mm housing. i used the same housing to accomodate the shifter cable, which needed to be a little easy-going...
  4. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

post whatever... this is my first thread
  5. pubesandwich

Before & After Pics

original 1977 catalog the frame when i got it finished product
  6. pubesandwich

Street skinny cruiser thread!

"the Brown Recluse" i posted the build here
  7. pubesandwich

lets see those old school / custom shifters.

shimano stem clamp mounted on seatpost with one side taken off.. had to rig a smooth cable guide at the bb though, this was for the rear deraileur
  8. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

actually its 1st & island ave in downtown san diego
  9. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

AND YES, IT IS AS FAST AS IT LOOKS!
  10. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

FINISHED: "Brown Recluse" the final product is a reliable daily rider. it takes hills ok, it steers kinda weird, but thats what i was going for... JOCKEY SHIFT!!!
  11. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

Final assembly begins at the shop with the bronze anodized cranks, sealed shimano bb, and limited edition odyssey "rootbeer" twisted pc pedals and before i show the final product... i dug up the original 1977 catalog for this particular bike, and boy was it corny looking...
  12. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

then, after painting the lugs with Rustoleum "Leather Brown" gloss enamel, (2 coats) with 2 coats of clear on the whole bike... (sorry bout the ...... pic) let it sit for 24 hours and pinstriped in the orange (that took 2 passes)
  13. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

after sanding & cleaning the frame, time to prime... after prime/wetsand, a few coats of rustoleum "sand" color gloss enamel, then 2 coats of rustoleum crystal clear enamel. then, a ton of time "getting friendly with masking tape"
  14. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

this is how rusty it got: after stripping it all down: the headtube after stripping. note the brass melted into the lugs...
  15. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

the frame when i got it
  16. pubesandwich

"Brown Recluse"

i built this bike to do a 20 mile commute to the used bike shop i work at. it was built half from salvage, half cheap new parts. I built it from a salvaged, rusted 1977 Rampar frame (i thought it looked older, and never heard of rampar, but the lugs were neat and it was my size) the frame was...
  17. pubesandwich

help me with hubs!!!

hey im about to build a kustom w/ a gas motor, and i want the thing to be FAST... my idea is to use a shimano nexus hub, but i want to be able to reverse it to lhd. that way i can SHIFT and reach much higher speeds... i know if i just take a hub and flip it, it wont engage. plus, i need to...
Back