Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 8ball

Antique EVERLAST Exercise Bike

Thanks!! It has been fun to own. Its a work-out too. I would ride ten miles and hold a constant speed. Here it is when I restored it with the butcher-block base.
  2. 8ball

Antique EVERLAST Exercise Bike

Stationary bike common in 1920s boxing gyms. Iconic brand. Rare piece of sports equipment. Fully functional. Winter cardio plus was interactive focal-point of my vintage bicycle shop. Cast iron, Worksman wheel. Had butcher-block slab base now gone from moving. Asking $500. Local pickup or you...
  3. 8ball

Seeking Best Seat Clamp

Since I like B72s, I think I should buy a few new double-rail clamps (fresh teeth) to have on hand... and I need to pay closer attention to the used seat post I'm pairing the clamp with. Dizzle Problems, thank you very much for you help and the link.
  4. 8ball

Seeking Best Seat Clamp

QUOTE="Dizzle Problems, post: 1085662, member: 25228"]I use brooks guts with my brooks saddles. the b72 you have pictured has a 'double rail', and the guts/clamp you have pictured does not.. I would seek out guts made for a double rail saddle. I made a mistake. The clamp photo I included above...
  5. 8ball

Seeking Best Seat Clamp

I am putting the finishing touches on my 1961 Schwinn Klunker. It has the obligatory Brooks seat/saddle with a repurposed clamp. And like many bikes before, the seat won't stay put. It tips front to back. I use a clamp similar to whats pictured here. I know by now never to use clamps with...
  6. 8ball

Your Schwinn Tire Sizes Frighten Me

EXCELLENT deorman !! Thank you! I should have know Brown would have the textbook information.
  7. 8ball

So far, it looks like (37-597) is coming up in some 'Schwinn S6 tire' searches.
  8. 8ball

Hi Wildcat, thanks for your advice and comments. Yes, the fork was bent. I straightened it with some heat. I would think there must be a '(12-345)' style tire size/number for a modern tire that will correspond to a Schwinn 26x1&3/8 S5 or S6 (as you indicated - thanks for info) rim... ... but...
  9. 8ball

I generally rustore heavy and middleweight Schwinns and fitting new tires on S2 and S7 rims still confuse me. This time I’m fixing up a lightweight... a 1961 Schwinn Racer (K136521). I need tires and hope you can help. Its tires were shredded and I tossed them thinking all I needed was the 26"...
  10. 8ball

Hope to Find Year of Delmar/Simmons

I appreciate the link kirkpatrick... it helped me understand manufacturer specifics. Thanks for your information which I.D.'d my bike!
  11. 8ball

Thank you very much for the date, kirkpatrick. When you say Colson... you mean Colson was the factory and made the bike for Delmar (and they did the same for other hardware stores, with different badges)? Still working on the bike. I was able to get the chain supple. The stem and seat post came...
  12. 8ball

I found an old skiptooth at a ranch near my home. Well preserved in a shed with pigeons. Its a Delmar by Simmons Hardware. Found some good information here yet I've been unable to zero in on a date of manufacture. I'm guessing its mid to late 1930s but would like and exact date if anyone can...
  13. 8ball

Columbia Superb

I appreciate the help... cds2323 and Wildcat. I wouldn’t have know that the chainring and wheels had been changed. I’ll find the serial number and go to the link you kindly provided. Thank you.
  14. 8ball

Columbia Superb

Thanks for the reply 1oldbikelover. Nice bike - great springer fork. It isn't a skip tooth. Yes, sadly, it was missing the front fender. The replacement doesn't look too good. I took a 1951 metal bicycle license plate (MI) off it, so I was wondering if it was older...
  15. 8ball

Columbia Superb

Any help on the age and details of this bike, which I'm getting ridable again, would be much appreciated. Thanks
  16. 8ball

d.i.y. FENDER Roller

Fleabay for purchase. Can't remember price, but $250ish. Spring only holds up roller so doesn't need to be too substantial. Can't tell if theres a bearing (its covered by spacer and spring clip), feels smooth like there is one. The fenders I've straightened were so far gone and rusty that...
  17. 8ball

d.i.y. FENDER Roller

I ended up buying one. Here's pictures. Mine's #128 (no other markings except MADE IN USA!). Friend who has similar had second wheel made without knurls since they will leave marks on chrome fenders. These do work great.
  18. 8ball

Yellow Muscle, "P" Head Badge

EXCELLENT! I really appreciate it Murray-Eliminator. I'll let him know. Many thanks.
  19. 8ball

... I see there's another post here - 1969 Foremost Swinger. My friend's has "Foremost"... so I guess we're looking at a JCPenny Foremost, but what/when? Thnx
  20. 8ball

A friend of mine found this bike in Boise, ID. I recognize the "P" as Penny's (I think) but I can't help him identify it. We are looking to the RRB forum for help with make, model, approximate year. Thank you.
Back