Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MJW300

1978 Sears Screamer MX restored

Here's one you won't see everyday. A genuine Sears Screamer MX bike, I had one of these back in 1978 when I was a teenager. Put the finishing touches on the restoration last night. More detailed pictures to follow when it quits raining around here.
  2. MJW300

Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

Got my Dolomite on 3/13. I'll say that I have really liked the look of these 'fat bikes' for a few years now but I surely was never going to ride one of these in the sand or snow, I just have no interest in that activity on a bike. My vision was to have a nice fat tire bike to ride on the...
  3. MJW300

Need info on Murray Jet Fire bicycle....

A friend is looking for some good detailed pictures of the head badge on the Murray Jet Fire bicycle. From this picture he sent me of a rough, barely visible head badge, it looks like it's only maybe 1" in diameter at most. Thanks.
  4. MJW300

Questions about late 70s AMF Avenger 350 MX bike

I'm working on a project that began with a AMF Avenger 350 frame and forks, like the bike pictured below. Can someone out there that owns one of these give me the specs on the little tab that is welded to the head tube that is a 'stop' for the forks, it keeps the forks from hitting the frame...
  5. MJW300

Question about black plating type

So I am rebuilding/restoring a late 1970s MX bike and the crank & kickstand came from the factory with a black finish (versus a more typical silver zinc or cad plated finish). Does anyone know if this black finish was typically black zinc, black oxide or was it something else? Just trying to...
  6. MJW300

1968 Sears Screamer restored

I originally bought this bike about 4 years ago, was a basket case. Had a bunch of parts rechromed, had the frame painted HOK Pagan Gold earlier this year. Tires, seat, sissybar are NOS. Finally just got it back together and wanted to show it off.
  7. MJW300

Cleveland Autorama - March 19-21, 2010

Just wanted to post that I will have my custom chopper bike in the show at the Cleveland Autorama this year. The show is March 19, 20, 21 at the I-X Center near the Cleveland airport. Check out http://www.clevelandautorama.com for information. I know for sure that I will be there on Sunday, not...
Back