Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 2Slow

★★★ NEW RRB SHIRT AND HATS ★★★ ALL SHIPPED OUT!

Just ordered mine. Great design.
  2. 2Slow

B-6 Butchery

I knew it was a disaster when I bought it but it was cheap enough. Even if I wind up parting it out I won't lose anything.
  3. 2Slow

B-6 Butchery

Found this on local Craigslist advertised as an "Antique Schwinn great for yard art". I had to rescue it from being condemned to a life of further abuse. The previous owner had painted to match his house and had it parked in front by a flower bed. They were moving and it did not match the...
  4. 2Slow

Tanker Trike

I was out hitting garage sales today and picked this up. Not sure if it is a custom or what. I don't see too many cantilever frame tank trikes so I bought it fairly cheap. Now what to do?...... I have never entered a build off.
  5. 2Slow

Fender Lizard

Love that winged 8 ball Kingfish. That is next level rat.
  6. 2Slow

Fender Lizard

I know this is kind of silly but I am always looking for new ways to personalize a bike. I found these stamped tin lizards for 99 cents at a Mexican import gift shop and had an idea. Used JB Weld to epoxy a small bolt to the back. Let it set up Mounted it where the reflector used to live on...
  7. 2Slow

Where do you buy new tires for flip bikes? (cruiser 26 x2.125)

Niagara cycle works online sells tires cheap. Shipping is pricey unless you buy in bulk. Free shipping on over $100. They are a little slow on the shipping but the prices are right.
  8. 2Slow

51 Columbia 5 Star Superb

I did some trading for this one yesterday. The guy I got it from bought it from the original owner a few years ago. It is a little rough in the paint department but fairly complete except for the wrong wheels. I will have to do some research and see if I can find the correct wheels, bullets...
  9. 2Slow

67 Black Schwinn Ramshorn

There is a very cool bike under there somewhere. If you do decide to part it out, what kind of shape is the seat in? I have been looking for a decent silverglow for my 67 Ramshorn.
  10. 2Slow

Schwinn, Hiawatha and a .......Stelber?

Usual story, go to buy one bike, start talking bikes and wind up buying more. I went to pick up the 61 Schwinn Speedster and see some other bikes and wind up dealing on those up too. All 3 for around $100. I have never had a Stelber but its in good shape and has a cool double bar frame. Even...
  11. 2Slow

bike hobby changing?

Market values and styles change all the time. I remember in the early 80's everyone was going BMX and at my family's bike shop we would not give hardly anything for a trade in on muscle bikes. Nobody wanted them. As far as 10 speeds, not that long ago you could barely give away a...
  12. 2Slow

Had to save it

Very cool. Also thanks for the tip on making it into a Muscle bike, I never thought of that. I am not sure what to do with it but I can picture it with a banana seat, apes and a springer 20 on front.
  13. 2Slow

Had to save it

I have a soft spot for bikes that are abused and feel a need to rescue them. This 1950's Sears 24 in her was in a back yard in my area looking bad. I paid him $20 got it back to the shop. Cleaned, greased, relaced the rear wheel and put on new tires. I know a Sears 24 does not have much...
  14. 2Slow

Odd Mesinger Seat

I forgot to mention that it is a 26 inch bike.
  15. 2Slow

Odd Mesinger Seat

I picked up this 62 girls American cheap for parts and it has this oddball Mesinger seat. It is between a normal saddle and a banana or polo seat. I know it's rough but is this something that is desirable or just a funky old rat seat? Any thoughts on this?
  16. 2Slow

John Deere Musclebike

Sorry. I sold the little Deere bike. It went to a John Deere collector in Illinois. I hope you find another.
  17. 2Slow

68 Coppertone Typhoon

Found this nice 1968 Coppertone Typhoon with a smooth working 2 speed kickback recently. I was at a garage sale and asked about bikes and this was in a shed. I greased and cleaned it and replaced the dry rotted tires. I think this is a keeper. The only issue I need to remedy is the seat has...
  18. 2Slow

1935 Silver King

That bike is art from every angle!
  19. 2Slow

Miss Buzz

It seems like the more I say that I am not a muscle bike guy and try to avoid them, the little 20 inch buggers keep showing up on my doorstep. I only took this one in on partial trade to make a on another bike sale happen. I gave him $30 trade value for it. I cleaned and greased it up and put...
  20. 2Slow

76 Stingray

Thanks for the input. I will try to find a local buyer who likes it as is.
Back