Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Krome Krate

Seller got back to me. Bike is sold. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. C

Krome Krate

The dropouts look like Schwinn. Text sent. If you part it out I'm looking for an original Krate fork.
  3. C

The Death-Ray: World’s Fastest Schwinn Stingray build

I want to use 16” Sting-Ray Pixie forks to drop the front as low as possible. I bought two NOS forks and designed a custom flush hidden headset to get the front fork even lower. Today I filed the stock fork crown races off so I can fit my own stainless spacer on there. Sent from my iPhone...
  4. C

Very flush. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. C

This is where the dangerous fun starts. I tore the bike down and then chopped and shaved the frame. I’d already cut off the kickstand frame mount and chain guard brackets. I cut off the fender bracket and rear fender mounting nubs. I shaved the head tube down to 2.75” tall. I shaved off the seat...
  6. C

I fixed the bike up as a lightweight rider with a custom spring saddle banana seat. The seat broke. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. C

This was the bike how I got it. Impacted seat post, slightly bent fork, half of it gone, junk wheels crank and sprocket. Two coats of spray paint. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. C

Hello Fellow Ratty Bikers! I’m building a gravity racer out of a 1968 Schwinn Stingray. I got the bike as a $50 basket case from a guy out in the country past the F1 track. I was building it up as a lightweight rider when I decided I wanted to see how fast a Stingray could go. And that led me...
  9. C

Oct 13th Vintage Bicycle Club of Texas Swap Meet - (PICS!)

No really. Who was selling it, how much, and what's his phone number? :) It looks like a B10E - original paint on the frame. Probably the tank and rack were cobbled together with a repro decal on the tank. The V-swoop handlebars on it are nice!
  10. C

Yeah! What was the price on the shafty and what was the price of the red tired moto-balloon next to it? Is that a Schwinn? Dang that's nice.
  11. C

Pics? I wasn't feeling good last night and couldn't drive up for the swap meet. If anyone can post pictures of what I missed that would be awesome!
  12. C

GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- FORT WORTH BIKE SALE

The 1/2 price thing started at one maybe? Everything slowed down and most of the prize bikes were gone - then they announced that everything was half price, and it all stayed half price until the end. All of a sudden sales perked up again! Yeah the late 40s cruiser I got is a Huffman made...
  13. C

Re: GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- SALE OF ALL SALES Here's a pic of the Iver and prewar cruiser at my house - can anyone id the cruiser for me? The cruiser I bought during the 'half-price' second half of the sale, so it was $10. The mystery motobike is undergoing PB Blaster treatment. Also, if...
  14. C

Re: GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- SALE OF ALL SALES Here's a video from before I loaded anything (big file!): http://www.creebobby.com/MVI_4765.AVI Here's a video AFTER I loaded everything (big file!): http://www.creebobby.com/MVI_4765.AVI I got it all home to Austin with no problems. I'll post...
  15. C

Re: GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- SALE OF ALL SALES Here's a quick snapshot of my haul before I tried to load it all in my Jeep: Teens Iver Johnson motobike with nice Mesinger saddle (on its side): $100 60s Huffy Tandem, no rear wheel or handlebars or pedals but awesome frame: $20 Postwar DX Frame $20...
Back