Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

SOLD Prewar art deco stem

$37 shipped to lower 48
  2. W

1940s Colson part out and 1946 Schwinn DX part out Added S7s with 3sp SA FENDERS, SPACELINER PARTS

Parting out a 1940s Colson. I believe it is actually a 1940. Frame $85 plus actual shipping SOLD Forks with Truss rods and brackets $90 plus shipping SOLD Headset $15 shipped SOLD New Departure Drop Center wheel set $100 plus shipping Seat $50 plus shipping SOLD Lucky 7 seat post and shim $25...
  3. W

SOLD 1930s Elgin Motobike frame

Solid frame, repair done on bottom bracket is very solid but needs to be cleaned up. Frame is stripped and ready for primer. Head tube and bottom bracket bearing cups included. $60 plus actual shipping. Shipped from 08057.
  4. W

SOLD ZEP Frame SOLD

I have another Zep frame here for sale. This one is straight no damage, and has some original paint. Looks like it was light blue originally. $90 plus actual shipping.
  5. W

Prewar head badges Prewar rack Skiptooth crank, ETC

Rollfast..#1 $39.00 shipped Now $24.00 shipped
  6. W

prewar Zep flat brace fenders, chain guard, kickstand ND Blackout hubs

I think it is a 1936. Located in South Jersey Fenders ducktail $40.00. $15.00 shipping Chain guard $35.00 shipped SOLD Kickstand $22.00 shipped For sale three new Departure hubs First is a Blackout rear skiptooth coaster $50.00 shipped SOLD Second is the matching front blackout hub $35 shipped...
  7. W

Chain keeps popping of?

I put together using a 40s Cleveland Welding frame. I used new wheels and a 1/2 inch pitch sprocket (not skiptooth). The crank can turn several tims before the chain gets slightly off track, causig it to get real tight then popping off. Not sure if this is a result of using the wrong chain or if...
  8. W

Trash picked...

This Sears Free Spirit Brittany from across the street. My wife told me to wear a disguise so the neighbors didn't see me in their trash. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: A little steel wool and some elbow grease... Not sure what to do with it yet....
  9. W

Build a prewar fender brace

I picked up an old prewar rollfast with original fenders, but one of the braces was snapped in half. I was asking around if anyone had an extra and Walker gave me an idea. His idea was to simply buy some steel stock and build one. So last night I went to Lowes and picked up some 1/2 inch welders...
  10. W

Zep...Snyder fastback sport frame

Found this locally for a good price. Has original Kelly Springfield Dispatch tires, torrington 10 pedals, etc. Looks like it's all there and the original paint is under the black house paint. Anyone know how to remove house paint without damaging original paint?
  11. W

Spaceliner head tube

I have a Spacleiner frame that I'm building up, but I can't find any bearing cups to fit the head tube...every one I have is too small and they are loose in the tube. Do Spaceiners have a larger diameter opening for the head tube?? Do they need special bearing cups? Thanks
  12. W

Beach Cruiser

Here's my Beach cruiser that I keep at the Jersey Shore..great for Boardwalk rides.. Wheels are from Ind-chuck...rack is from Oggy.... cup holder from Nirve..It's a '53 Schwinn tank bike...sans the tank My daughter's beach cruiser..again wheels from Chuck and rack from Oggy. It's a Huffy...
  13. W

ND 1/2 inch to Skiptooth

I have 1/2 inch New Departure rear hub on my 1946 Schwinn Dx. I would like to make this a skiptooth set up. Can you replace the cog on the hub with New Departure 1 inch skiptooth cog? Thanks
  14. W

Let's see your Zep...I mean Snyder Fastback Sport Frame

I'm putting one together. Mine is Zenith badged Snyder fastback Sport frame aka "ZEP" Let's see the rest!! BTW first try at posting pix here...Better pix to come
  15. W

How to remove skiptooth links?

Does a normal link removal tool work for an old diamond skiptooth chain? I need to remove a couple links. How do you guys do this?
  16. W

shorten a fork steering tube

How do you guys shorten a steering tube on a set of forks? Hack saw? Will the threads get messed up? Thanks for any advice.
  17. W

Zep frame

Anyone have a picture of a prewar Zep bike with a Zenith badge. I bought a frame but would like to see the original color scheme, fenders, seat etc.
Back