Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. white trash

Rebuilding a Mattatuck hub question

Excellent. Thanks. If it worked for you then I will do the same. These hubs are a pain in the butt compared to a Bendix, but I did notice that it does stop very well.
  2. white trash

Rebuilding a Mattatuck hub question

I am rebuilding a Mattatuck hub and it has internal discs for the brakes instead of shoes. It is similar to the brake set up on a Bendix automatic hub. My question is about lubricant. Should I use an oil instead of grease like on a Bendix? I want it to work correctly and not burn up the brass...
  3. white trash

my newest rat muscle bike

Thanks guys. I still have a set of NOS chrome Wald muscle bike fenders to go on it. I rode it around some today before the rain came and I have no first gear. I need to figure that one out :( Other than that it is awesome to ride. With the light weight aluminum front wheel it is a wheelie...
  4. white trash

my newest rat muscle bike

It is a 53 Columbia with a 3 speed coaster Sturmey rear and a light weight front wheel off of a Moulton folder. The 24" forks I had bought for another but when I got them and the color almost matched this frame a light went off above my head. I had everything for this bike laying out in the...
  5. white trash

MONARK - COLUMBIA REFLECTOR COMPATIBILITY

I will take one for sure. Please PM me on this. Tommy
  6. white trash

Moving

I will take the pedals of that purple Sears frame and if you have a decent running Dodge Dart you need to sell before you move contact me. I like the green Swinger, is it a runner? I am kind of in the market for something like that. I am not looking hard, just waiting for the right car to come...
  7. white trash

anyone know if there is metallic maroon/dark red spray paint

I have used that metal specks. It is nice paint for a rattle can.
  8. white trash

Shimano 333 and matching 333 stick shift

3N1 oil works okay. I have a good size bottle of bike oil I use. I would think sewing machine oil would be about the same thing. Almost any oil will work except veggie oil. There are a lot of NOS parts for them still out there. I have seen NOS hubs go for less than some of the parts go for. I...
  9. white trash

Pullback apes?

I like your bike. Nice, clean and simple. Looks like a great rider. Tommy
  10. white trash

Shimano 333 and matching 333 stick shift

They came on lots of muscle bikes. Huffy, Murray, CCM, Western Flyer, Rollfast, and more. They are good hubs and are pretty reliable. There is a rod that slides in to the axle hole and a fulcrum and lock nut that are used to push the rod inward to change gears. I have only had to repair one or...
  11. white trash

Pullback apes?

I have something very similar to those mini apes but nothing black. I have chrome and rust, but the price is right. :wink:
  12. white trash

Pullback apes?

If you want some regular mini apes I will give you some. I have some from bikes I swapped out to taller bars. I am sure I will have at least one nice pair. If you are interested let me know. I could probably even bend them for you to put a little pullback on them. I have a bender and a decent...
  13. white trash

Old German Bikes

Huffy's first muscle bike was a black and white bike called the "Penguin". It was actually released before the Schwinn Stingray by a couple months but only in CA.It does have a similar chainwheel but it is a 3 piece crank. Pretty much all cantilever frame 20 inch muscle bikes look the same to...
  14. white trash

A trip to the bicycle graveyard today (pics)

I wish there were graveyards like that around here. I am so jealous :mrgreen:
  15. white trash

Pullback apes?

I think those are called Dyno or Dyna style apes. I can't remember. They make some of those pretty tall too. Probably 24" tall. They look good on cruisers.
  16. white trash

Old German Bikes

Here is one of my oldest German bikes. I have an older Heidemann cruiser but it is in pieces. This bike is a 65 Steyr Thunderbird. It is a pretty rare muscle bike and one of my favorites. This makes me want to take this one for a ride some time tomorrow.
  17. white trash

PROJECT 83 HUTCH PRO RACER BMX (4/13)

That bike turned out really nice. It brings back memories of the 9th grade. I rode that bike all over town and then some. Lots and lots of good times on that bike and I learned how to ride a half pipe on that bike. It makes me feel kind of old when I think that this was 27 years ago. I know I am...
  18. white trash

slingshot seat

Reading is FUNdamental. :P :P :P I won't hold it against you. :lol:
  19. white trash

bolt on handlebar cross bars

I used an old bent sissy bar and cut a nice straight section to required length, then crimped both ends and drilled holes. I used 1" clamps I got off of ebay that are used for reflectors and bolted it on. It is already chrome and looks pretty good I think. Total cost was $3. I will post some...
  20. white trash

slingshot seat

No it is not correct. It even states that in the description. That bike should have the black with yellow stripe seat. Neither the rear tire handlebars or pedals correct. All of Jim's bikes are not factory correct but ALL of them are period correct. He is very honest about the bikes he sells and...
Back