Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Fixed up my Raleigh Portage to ride a couple centuries over a recent weekend. Seattle, WA to Portland, OR in 2 days. It is an 80's touring bike with 650b size wheels, nice long wheelbase, relaxed geometry. Shellac on cork grips and the most broken-in, comfortable Brooks in my collection. Nice...
  2. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

A couple of Motobecanes. Red & black Grand Record has wheels built from NOS Pelissier hubs and have gone for the older European style & put on as many French parts as practical. Still a lot from Japan & it imitates the French style (fenders, racks). Plus just plain good Nitto bars & stem. Stem...
  3. riderick

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Elgin + mods
  4. riderick

Colson gallery...

This one has a faux worn finish. Fun cruiser. "Clipper" model. Industrial art masterpiece, IMHO....I mean evocation of the motorcycle, aircraft, auto, sure, but style a bicycle to reflect a ship hull...that's rad
  5. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Posted before, but a little housekeeping performed and switched to the Rally der. Still have to get the rear straddle cable....
  6. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Repainted Peugeot Competition. Late 70's? Maybe early 80's? Phil hubs.
  7. riderick

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

8. riderick

LETS SEE THOSE MONARKS!!!

9. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

80's Miyata 1000 with SKS Longboard fenders, Carradice bag on Nitto bag support rack 80's (?) Specialized Expedition with Biopace. Cork bar wrap has been coated with amber shellac. Both bikes converted with tall stems. Now with added Nitto rear rack & Karrimor bags, set up for day touring.
  10. riderick

Miyata 1000 Project

Mounted some SKS Longboard Fenders for the rainy season. Need to trim the ends of the fender stays and cap them off, need to mount a rack or two, then at least a small bag for clothes, spares & tools. Oh, yeah, I'll want lights, too...
  11. riderick

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

"38 Hawthorne Zep. Not a good picture, maybe try again later.....
  12. riderick

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

My mysterious Higgins. I didn't build it, I acquired it a few years ago and finally got it assembled. I'm guessing a hot rod project. The seller claimed an original model, but I'm not thinking so......Anybody want to venture opinions, feel free.
  13. riderick

The Ultimate Felt Chopper

Nice, nice! The black theme and the wheels make it really unique. Mine is way more stock, but I really do enjoy the ride, too. Something I can actually take out for 20 miles and geared low enough to even pull some hills.
  14. riderick

Felt Scythe Springer

The springer fork came from: http://www.choppersus.com/store/ It is their ForkKit-Springer-Chrm-1-1-8/ model.
  15. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Got the Mercian put together. Has 8 out of 12 speeds functioning and needs some more work..
  16. riderick

Felt Scythe Springer

The pedals are Persons repops, I got from sm2501 on ebay. I'm going to say they are only available in 1/2 inch & I don't know much about swapping axles, but it might be possible (?). The handlebars were an impulse purchase off ebay a couple years before the bike came along. They are 7/8 chromed...
  17. riderick

LET'S SEE THOSE ROLLFAST!!!!

Here is an original one...
  18. riderick

Felt Scythe Springer

Couple minor changes, couple more pictures..... trying white walss...
  19. riderick

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

OK, more... '80s Specialized Expedition with Bluemels alu fenders & Karamor bag A (70's?) Motobecane Grand Jubile with Huret derailleurs (rear is Jubile long cage) love that headbadge.... Another Paramount Kool Lemon Sport Tourer, '71. I've since adjusted the handlebars & sorry the...
Back