Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

Greetings, Ratcumbent is finally done the way I planned it to be
  2. johnp.smith

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

I tried to make a top 10 and couldnt get below 13
  3. johnp.smith

RatFink Supreme

The curved fender braces really set this off and the chainguard ties it all together. Very Nice.
  4. johnp.smith

Ratcumbent

It is for its age. It has been in the same family since new. I have every receipt, registration, manual, original keys, tool kit, license plates etc. it was the ultimate barn find for me
  5. johnp.smith

Ratcumbent

There is no telling when that might be but I will in the build thread. Look at the bright side, I finished this project Friday and brought home a new one on Saturday. A 1966 Hillman Super Minx. And if you go on Facebook and look up Rat Fink, you will see that it is todays car of the day...
  6. johnp.smith

Ratcumbent

Today, I had a wild thought to use the seat off my other Easy Racer for a photo shoot. Its only on there temporarily. As you know my custom seat was a fail and the person who I was going to get a custom fairing from to resemble a bubble top has been out of contact. I do not know if either lost...
  7. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

We are fine, the air is still horrible. The family that owns the upholstery shop has been evacuated so the seat will not be done. The ratcumbent will not be finished by the deadline without a seat.
  8. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

We are safe and Im pretty sure Zzipper designs was consumed by fire. 5 coworkers and the owners of the Santa Cruz boardwalk have lost their homes and the Swanton Pacific Railroad was consumed. I wont be doing any cycling or even working in the garage any time soon. The 2020 Apocalypse...
  9. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

Sorry, I wont be finishing on time. We are now on evacuation warning notice and packed up if it happens. My brothers house burned and its coming this way at zero containment. Im not counting on the seat to be done with the chaos going on here. Maybe another time for me
  10. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

This bikes final plans are falling apart quickly. I was supposed to meet with Karl from Zzipper design to pick up a fairing last weekend to make the bike resemble a bubble top. I was called in to work extra so we were going to meet this weekend. Now that whole part of the state is burning...
  11. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

Just a normal light, you cant see the eye at all when it is on. That part of the garage is buried for the week, we are getting our back yard done this week and the contractors need space. I will get a pic of it when I can get to it again
  12. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

So while Im waiting for the seat and its crazy hot here, I had a little fun with the headlight. Deigned a graphic with a guy at AMR Racing. Hope you like it
  13. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

Well, its my 2016 build all over again. In 2016, I took my frame and a bunch of parts to a powder coater to be done in black and transparent gold. All the black parts came back black but all the gold parts came back safety yellow. A few of the parts were bead blaster and sparay painted a...
  14. johnp.smith

RaTs GaSs

I see the gasser in it for sure and really dig the paint job. I cant paint a simple small part for mine. That is also my favorite chainring. My only question is does it wheelie really easy from sitting so far back?
  15. johnp.smith

Front rack Raleigh Folder

Curious, what rack came on the folders? I have a 73, I put a basket on mine
  16. johnp.smith

BO15 Ratcumbent

There are actually 9 eyeballs on it
  17. johnp.smith

BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Could you pm me some more pics of the diner the next time you go out that way? An old friend from the airlines and I used to travel the country for different hobbies. First it was aircraft museums and then it became railroad museums. After a while we discovered railroad and trolley car...
  18. johnp.smith

Raydarlux Space Cadet

We have a winner!
Back