Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. white_cross

Swoopy handle bars?

Looking for a set of handle bars for my current bike build. I want to use something current and still available and just looking for picture ideas with the name of the bar like who makes it and what model. this is an original vintage set as an example from one of my other builds: I am not...
  2. white_cross

12 Gauge

I traded 1920's CCM bicycle for a pair of balloon tire bikes a Monark Rocket, and a rusty Hiawatha. This build will be focusing on the Hiawatha. This will be part one of the build Part two Will be a completely new look with a bare steel frame. The goal of part one of this build is to keep the...
  3. white_cross

Felt Thick Brick?

I have a 1930s Hiawatha that uses 26 inch tires/wheels but I would like to put the Felt Thick Brick tires on it. They are a 24 x 3 if I get 24 inch rims would these tires and wheels work on my bike? Which rims are recommended for this (brand and rim width)? If you have pictures of the thick...
  4. white_cross

The FireBall Eight (time to finish this thing)

So after taking a break from building bikes I decided it was time to pick up where I left off on my build off 9 bike. I had a vision in mind with this bike and did not have time to do all the work that I had planned for it during the build off. first here is what I started with a CWC Road...
  5. white_cross

Indians?

Does any one have any old Indian Made bicycles? Not like recreations but actual vintage indian Pedal bicycles?
  6. white_cross

Remove paint off of vintage paint?

I am working on a vintage CCM bicycle and it has been repainted but the old paint appears to be underneath. Are there tricks to removing the newer paint without damaging the original finish?
  7. white_cross

Vintage CCM Double bar barn find. (CCM Hercules Heavy Duty Model)

So I was at my grand parents farm the other day and came across a vintage CCM bicycle in one of their barns. I asked my grandpa about it and he said it was his old bike and that it still worked. I asked him if he bought it new and he said no that it was very old when he bought it. I asked him I...
  8. white_cross

how do i bring my fenders closer to the tire?

I am working on my CWC Roadmaster and while test fitting the rear fender I ended up liking the look of the fender mounted closer to the tire with less gap. The problem is the mounting points (Frame To Fender) have a gap in that location. Has any one lowered their fenders to sit closer to the...
  9. white_cross

The Traditional Build (THE FIREBALL EIGHT)

Here is my bike. I was after a traditional hot rod theme but something different than the flat black and red rims Combination. I have always wanted a bike with red rims and white wall tires so I guess I got my goal. I also thought it would be cool to add some Buick Roadmaster influence and that...
  10. white_cross

Previous years build off?

Where are previous years build off bikes found on this forum. Also I was thinking it would bee cool to have a build off hall of fame section on this from all of the past winners of the past build offs.
  11. white_cross

How to post pictures?

I have been using photobucket to post pictures but It has not opened for me the last 2 days. What else can I use to post pictures on here for free?
  12. white_cross

Bicycle tank.

How do you typically mount and build a flat tank for the double bar cwc bicycle? I am talking about the kind that is just a flat piece of steel etc. to fill the space
  13. white_cross

The Traditional Build (THE FIREBALL EIGHT)" Moved to Finished BIkes Thread"

So This is going to be a first for me entering a build off. I just started this build yesterday and then came on here to post photos of my progress and saw the build off was happening and figured it was perfect timing to enter a build. The bike I am building is my CWC Road Master. I use this...
  14. white_cross

CWC Traditional Build

Today I picked out the color scheme for my CWC Road Master bicycle build. This bike is my every day transportation to go to and from work in summer. This build is going to be themed around the vintage rat rods. The pictures show how the paint scheme is going to look. The frame and fenders are...
  15. white_cross

Ladies Schwinn build for my wife

This summer I picked up a bike for my self a vintage Road Master. I have been biking to work allot this summer and wanted something cooler than the tipical new bike, but not as nice as my other bike restorations. I was after a vintage cruiser bike. My thought was I will buy an unrestored bike...
  16. white_cross

Unrestored mint CCM Encore (just detailed and tuned)

This summer I was at the MCC (the local Thrift shop) I asked at the counter what kind of bikes they had in the back that needed to be fixed yet. They took me to the back room and this one bike that looked 1960s ish that stood out from the rest. I was with another person looking for a bike for...
  17. white_cross

The Tank Rat

I recently acquired a really unique bike from one of my friends dads. It is my next bike project. The bike has probably sat out side in the same place at my friends parents farm for over 10 or so years. I am not sure who makes it or what kind of bike it is, It says it is a sprinter Made by Avis...
  18. white_cross

Sour apple (CCM SCRAMBLER)

Here is my first bike build. The SOUR APPLE, It is a CCM Scrabler (not sure of the year yet). I painted It a custom mixed BASF Glassrut green which I call "Sour Apple Green", I also painted some ghost flames on the chain guard. I polished all of the chrome including the rims, the handle bars...
  19. white_cross

looking for bike year help?

I am wondering if any one can help me in finding out what year my ccm Scrambler is? The Vin Number is this: C181056 any help would be appreciated Dev
  20. white_cross

How to Paint checkers on your seat

Here is how to mask your Banana seat for painting checkers on it. 1.start with your object. for this demo I just drew a seat pan outline on a piece of paper 2: Then I took a roll of 3/4 inch 3m UV Tape 3. Next take and run the tape with wise across the seat make sure the first tape is run...
Back