Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. StepChld

Slow Spokes DFW Cruiser Bicycle Club Ride 8/11/13

Looks like you might catch a break on the weather...only supposed to get to about 98F, instead of 104F. :lol: I'm trying to make it to this but a lot of things are trying to get in the way. Hope to meet some of ya'll tomorrow.
  2. StepChld

Let's See Your Hounds

Odysseus...""The Wiener Dog of Doom" on patrol. Killer of Opossums and Chaser of Stray Cats... also a pretty darned good shop assistant. :wink: In all fairness, it was 100+ degrees out that day. Both he and I were slowly melting into puddles of goo.
  3. StepChld

OCD Question

Hhmmm...not so sure about using Slime. Bought some tires with it already in it, inflated to proper specs and used them for a few weeks almost daily. We had a few days below freezing, went out to the shed where I keep the bikes and found one of the tires had exploded...all over the bike(s), the...
  4. StepChld

NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Trust me..it helps in quick dismounts :wink: (I tell you, ride one time through the frozen food section and you're banned for life. Shhheeeessshhh! :roll: )
  5. StepChld

Has anyone tried these tires?

I like the tire... I have them in blue and red.. Nice and wide, very smooth rolling.
  6. StepChld

What would Boba Fett ride?

A backpack...with jets! :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9XTeeA43o
  7. StepChld

Interested in a Bay Area Houston Cruiser Club??

I most definitely will! :D
  8. StepChld

Interested in a Bay Area Houston Cruiser Club??

If only you had done this 2 weeks earlier, I would've joined you. I was down in Galveston for a week vacation, had to ride by myself. :cry: And i passed by every one of those places you have pictured...except Island Bicycle :x Looked like fun though!
  9. StepChld

Chainguard Gallery - Post Pics Here

I think the chainguard gives you the biggest canvas to throw some paint on :wink: Black Betty Blue Bonnie Spirit of '76
  10. StepChld

Hmm...

Birds of a feather... :wink:
  11. StepChld

Tires are getting scarce at retail stores

I've always had great luck w/ Amazon. Cheapest tires and all the styles I could possibly want, all in one place and the tires usually arrive w/in a week.
  12. StepChld

107F is just crazy!

my wife and I went and kayaked Lake Ray Hubbard this morning about 7. By the time we were done at 10:30, it was already in the low 90's. Warm day today, but nothing like last year! :shock:
  13. StepChld

Freehub or Freewheel

Thank you folks!
  14. StepChld

Cool tools

Thank you folks, your advice has really been helpful. And good thing I don't buy new bikes, early '90's bikes work for me! :lol:
  15. StepChld

Cool tools

Long story short, a friend called me up and said he was no longer allowed to ride (due to a brain tumor) but he'd like for me to take some of his stuff and use how I saw best. I thought it was just going to be a few things...turned out to be a lot! Filled my son's van up in fact. The bikes (2...
  16. StepChld

Freehub or Freewheel

I want to remove this cassette/sprockets/rear cogs but I'm not sure which of these two types of hubs I have. If someone can tell from my crummy pics what I have and what tools I need to remove it, I would greatly appreciate it! :?
  17. StepChld

Kayak Trailer....or is it?

Thank you kindly Vipon!
  18. StepChld

What I really like about using a boat trailer is that it's so much lighter than the usual utility trailer. My wife can pick it up and turn it around if she gets caught in a tight spot.
  19. StepChld

Faces to Names

I think I've done this before but I don't mind throwing some more out there. :wink: I was a little younger when this was taken. Just clowning around...(Summer camp I used to work at when I was younger) My better side. Me and some of my pards (5th Texas Regt. of Mounted Vols.)I'm the guy on...
  20. StepChld

My wife has gotten bitten by the kayak bug and since we do not have a truck but rather a minivan w/o a roof rack, we decided a trailer was needed (carrying it inside the van was rather tight). Found this on CL for $200...not bad, some problems like it needed new(er) tires...and racks to hold a...
Back