Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Road Master

Vintage American flyer

I have seen all sorts of objects used to hold the brake arms, the most popular being spoons. Sell it with the bike or keep it, your choice. My eyes are pretty bad but is that a rust hole between the weld and the headtube? If it is that could be a breaking point that should be fixed.
  2. Road Master

##Elgin Style Drop stand##

Update! I just saw the same seller has raised his price to $42 for the pair!
  3. Road Master

##Elgin Style Drop stand##

Now everybody can find repop drop stands at reasonable prices but what about the bolts that mount them to the bike? Some sellers want $35 for two bolts! Does any one know where the bolts can be obtained for a REASONABLE PRICE ?
  4. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

Gold is the correct answer - glad to see you guys are still on top of the Periodic Table. So I got a Polished Steel Main Frame with Gold Head Tube, Darts and Accents Punctuated by Two Black Pinstripes with a Red Pinstripe Between Them Matching the Red Head Badge. Since I'm moving far away from...
  5. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

No one guessed the head tube and dart color yet so I'll give you a clue while I'm finishing up packing all my "stuff" for Florida - "consult your Periodic Table".
  6. Road Master

SOLD Wald Glass Reflector 1 1/2"

Hi! This is the size Glass Reflector that fits the Rear Carriers like Cleveland Welding. The link to pics and price is below. Thank you for looking. Robert http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/wald-glass-reflector-1-1-2.96939/
  7. Road Master

Roadmaster Luxury Liner Repop Parts Reduced Pricing!

Hi! I decided to part this out - I'm still trying to accumulate enough money to move to Florida so I can spend the remainder of my retirement years with my 2 boys. Below is the link to the pics and prices. I give discounts for multiple purchases. Thank you for looking. Robert PS Prices on...
  8. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

Have you ever seen a frame with two or three pinstripes between the colors? That's what I'm thinking.
  9. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

For quite a while I pondered on a color for the head tube and darts thinking it would have to stand out next to the bare metal. That's when I decided to use the pin stripes as a definite color change (two different colors) with the bare metal and whatever I decide on either side of the...
  10. Road Master

'39 CWC Frame Plus Some Other Stuff

Bumpidy Bumpidy Bumpidy
  11. Road Master

Headbadges

I had a Monark Built Airman badged bike - it was exactly the same as the Monark Super Cruiser except it had a single spring on the front fork instead of the usual double.
  12. Road Master

The Delta Falcon Head Light is SOLD!!!. There is a NOS Falcon Light with original box and instruction sheet that had an opening bid of $50 on eBay.
  13. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

Yepper - I'm just going to pretend that glossy bare metal is a color. I also have a friend that "pulls lines" - I think that's what they call it. I'll try to get him to do a couple colors of pin stripes around any painted areas
  14. Road Master

SOLD 24" Schwinn S-2 Wheels and Tires

Hi! I bought these a few years ago when I was considering trying a set of 24" wheels on a build - never happened. This is exactly the way they were shipped - I never did anything with them. The Rear Hub is a New Departure and the Front is a Schwinn Script - both need to be cleaned up. The S-2...
  15. Road Master

Hi! All the "stuff" you are about to look at came off a 1939 CWC Hawthorne RatRod that I've been cruising the area on. The only parts that are for sale are what is listed - the Fork is already SOLD and the remainder of the parts I'm using for another build. All parts are plus shipping - I can...
  16. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

BTW: Mr. Luke above me had the correct answers to my questions - this will be mostly a clear coat finish - GLOSS!!!
  17. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

First Things First! These three bars are all I've stripped so far. You can see the swirl marks from the 60 Grit Sandpaper left in the metal. I'll probably go to 100 Grit next and then probably some fine Crocus and I'll see how well she shines. I didn't worry about doing around the...
  18. Road Master

'33 Hawthorne RatRod

Hi! I joined this site right after I purchased a repop Roadmaster Luxury Liner. I bought a stripped down Roadmaster with a Shockmaster Fork in the 7th grade from a friend for $2. That bike rode so well I've had an obsession with it ever since - that's why the repop. After owning more than 20...
  19. Road Master

Ratty Elgin Robin

Actually I think the combination of that chain guard with the tank make it look like it's a streamliner already in motion.
  20. Road Master

I Can't Sell Anything, It's A Sickness!!

I'd like one of those "Bike Collector" signs also. Seems like I always have "20 some" bikes. I had 50 at one time and there literally was no more room - have you ever tried to hide 50 bikes from a woman? I still have a very conservative wish list and every so often I'll check one off after I...
Back