Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

New Liner-Flyer projects!!!

Oh how I wish I had that taillight for my Western Flyer. We're in the process of coming up with something but it sure is cool to have the original.
  2. R

picked these up yesterday

Great finds!
  3. R

Space Slug Trike and Western Flyer Spaceliner

Thanks again for all the comments and especially to you Unchained for the speedy delivery of that springer fork. I think this weekend I will convert the trike to a bike. I have a Murray rear wheel with a Bendix red band hub for it. I think it will be so much more enjoyable to ride as a bike...
  4. R

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I really do love these Murray built space bikes. I'd own a hundred if I could. The rear tires on the trike are 24x2 and the front is 26x1.95. I will eventually put some nice whitewalls on it but for now the only money I have in it is the tank. On the...
  5. R

Thanks Steve and again it was nice meeting you on Saturday
  6. R

VINTAGE BIKE SWAP MEET - HURST, TEXAS - (PHOTOS ADDED!)

My buddy and I made it out there and had a great time. Got a chance to meet Steve(RatRod) and picked up a few goodies including a seat for my spaceliner, tank for my trike, and a few front pieces for some tanks. Can't wait to do it again next year!
  7. R

poor mans truck (finished)

Really cool bike! The work you did is great. I have that same trike piece with a 60's JC Higgins frame up front.
  8. R

New Liner-Flyer projects!!!

I sure do love these Murray made tank bikes especially this style. Awesome
  9. R

I'm calling this trike bike the Space Slug because the way the tank looks coming at you and cuz the thing's kinda slow. I scored the tank at the swap meet in Hurst over the weekend along with the seat on my spaceliner. The spaceliner is also carrying the springer fork I purchased from Unchained...
  10. R

western flyer roundup

Markm is right about light on rear rack The ad says new electric 360 degree flashing dome warning signal. I have that same bike and we are currently working on a rear light setup to fit in the hole. It will not be original but since I imagine that these lights are next to impossible to come by...
  11. R

1960's Western Flyer Spaceliner

sweet lookin bike mastronaut. diggin that look! thanks for compliments guys. I really like this bike and hope to keep it for a long time
  12. R

Honestly we were sittin around workin on tank lights and horn and I had a weedeater line container sitting around and its very thin plastic so I just cut out a flat piece and trimmed it until it fit and taped it in. Not as good as original cuz it's not formed to stick out 1/4 inch or so but I'm...
  13. R

Dallas,http://www.fleetwoodskitkat.com/

my buddy and I plan on bringin some old bikes and doin this ride next Sunday. Was wonderin if any fellow rat rodders were doin these rides still? I will call and check for specifics. have a great one
  14. R

yea the chainguard says western flyer on it and the instrument panel has a W/F on it. The tank has some writing on it but it is too faded to make out. I think maybe it says Sonic Flyer? I agree definitely Murray built. This is my second Murray built tank bike. The other is an AMC Caravan. Same...
  15. R

Found this one on CL. Just had to have it cuz I love the tank bikes. Put some decent tires on it and my buddy helped me get the horn and light working :D I Also made up a little makeshift lens for the tank since the original one was gone. I still want to find/make a light for the rack on back...
  16. R

Schwinn Corvette,trike setup, and others

I had thought about getting someone to weld a new tube back in place but I think the wedge idea is genius!! :D Probably my new solution!! Thanks Wildcat. Everybody on this website is always full of so many great ideas! Really good inspiration for someone new to this.
  17. R

La Porte In.

Too cool!!Too cool!! :) :)
  18. R

sorry I didn't respond to that question about paint. :oops: Rustinkerer is right about radiant green paint. This is primer on bike. After getting all the bearing issues sorted out and working properly I'm really happy with it. Since the trike was left out in the elements its all locked up some...
  19. R

The Schwinn came with ape hangers and a different seat on it but I like this better I think. Looks pretty cool and its ratty. Serial number suggests 1959. Got it from a member of this forum, didn't know it till I bought it from him. CL.The other stuff was free from friend. Trike setup sat out in...
Back