Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Western Flipside

Thanks for the compliments guys. KOTA, I used some acrylics. The majority of the frame is in "deep burgundy" by Americana, and the lugs are in "metallic bronze" by Ceramcoat. I've been planning to but another coat of paint on it and cover it with a clear coat of Modge Podge sealer, their...
  2. S

Western Flipside

I took the parts with me and assembled the bike at the festival. Sorry about the quality of the first pic. I shot it in the morning sun. I didn't want to move the parts. These pics of the bike were shot once I returned home. As it turns out, I have two pics and me that were shot at the...
  3. S

SPEED RACER (it's a done bike!)

Re: SPEED RACER Slow rider's alternate reality... speed racer! :D
  4. S

Kultured

Clever name, and nice frame!
  5. S

Nautilus (steampunk themed build)

Cool, I like the steampunk look too! I'm building a bike that should look steampunk-ish. For the most part I really like steampunk color combos. I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose.
  6. S

Mutley (Done!)

Re: Mutley I like the Mutley, and great name! As for the "Audrey", that looks like neat bike to fix up too!
  7. S

The Pack Rat.

I agree, and yes that frame sure does have some nice lugs on it! SSG, I hadn't noticed your build up to this point, but I'm glad that I stumbled upon it today. It looks awsome!
  8. S

The Classy Beach Commuter

I have to say that the color combination looks really good. The white tires, the long fenders, and the brooks saddle all set it off so nicely! Finally, I really like that rack!
  9. S

Western Flipside

Thanks herr_rudolf! I purchased the bars in the thicker diameter. It made it hard to put the grips on, and I can see that it's going to affect the clamp on the bell. I do like the look and feel of the thicker bars though. I'd better go out and get to work right now. I have an early deadline...
  10. S

Bighead Canal Cruiser

I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas for rodish cargo carrying! :D
  11. S

BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably be able to keep trading with the local bike shop until I get the right size. Also, the sheldonbrown website has some valuable information. They suggest that a spacing of 110mm will line up with a coaster brake on older frames. My new BB has a spacing...
  12. S

MAXXIMUM FLOW (LAST CALL!)

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW (update 5/18) I'm trying the Belleville handlebars with my build too. I've also had my eyes on the Montmartre bars by VO. It's been a tough choice.
  13. S

Bighead Canal Cruiser

I'm interested in building a utility bike too. I like the idea of using an internally geared hub with a coaster brake, and then setting it up with a disk brake on the front.
  14. S

***RATA BARATA***

Ah, another build of a diamond frame. Cool! The bike that I'm building had an old cottered crankset too. I've been planning to donate it to the Yellow Bike Project since I haven't been able to find parts for that crankset/bottom bracket online.
  15. S

Western Flipside

I've finished scraping the decals off of the frame and taking all parts off of the frame. I'm now going to sand it and paint it. I'm painting the lugs in the color "bronze" in an attempt to make them look brass. The rest of the frame will be painted in "deep burgundy". I done a small test on...
  16. S

BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

I just finished taking the old bottom bracket out. Now I'm feeling more confident that I could put the new one in. Now I'm concerned about the size and the chain line. The crankset that I pulled of was cottered and had two chainrings. The new one will have one chainring.
  17. S

BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

I've been planning on having a local bike shop install a new bottom bracket for me on my old frame. Would this disqualify me from the build off?
  18. S

BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

I totally understand the enthusiasm for the simplicity of single speed cycling, but I don't get riding "fixed" either. I'm setting the bike for this build up with a coaster brake hub. Anyway, with the mention of hipsters and bikes I thought that some of you may enjoy this 30 second hipster...
  19. S

Old Indian Chief

Cool bike, and that's one big chainring! :D
  20. S

Western Flipside

Thanks SSG! I've seen two other diamond frames so far. I'll have to look around for the others. Yes, I like that this frame is lugged too. That's one of the main reasons I purchased this old beater. I wasn't planning on repainting the frame, but after removing one decal I can see that I...
Back