Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

New Klunker Bike...

Thanks for the compliments!!! I am keeping the OM frame I parted out, I will collect parts for this bike and put the OM back together soon....
  2. F

New Klunker Bike...

Hey all, Been quite a while since I posted here, time for some updates.... Built a new "klunker" bike to ride, I had an old Schwinn twin bar frame laying around, couldn't let it go to waste, so I built this up.... Most of the parts on this bike are off my 2007 SE OM Flyer, the fork is a Pyramid...
  3. F

OM flyer

Hey all, had to bring this thread back from the dead.... I went and raced my OM tonight, this was the first time in probably ten years I had wheeled a BMX bike in competition, I was just glad I could still balance in the gate, and I was glad I came home in one piece.... this was a get together...
  4. F

OM flyer

Hey all, haven't posted here in a while, I got my 08 OM Flyer today, this thing is really sweet looking in person! Very retro looking, much more "BMX" than any of the last few years versions. The gold and red together are very nice looking, I am not so sure about the yellow tires yet, I will...
  5. F

The day the music died

I used to be a DJ, the nice thing about playing that American Pie song was, you had plenty of time to go to the bathroom, get a drink, chat up some girls, etc.etc.... That is gonna be a cool bike!
  6. F

who would like to take a little trip

A bunch of IDIOTS!!!! The thing that is funny about something like this is, bike messengers and the like that ride like this are some of the most vocal and outspoken when it comes to bicycle riding rights, and getting bike lanes, more awareness, more bike parking, etc. etc.., then they act like...
  7. F

Greetings from Connecticut!

Welcome, from a fellow bike and VW fan, a 400 dollar '84 Rabbit convertable is my daily, top was down every month since I bought it, even in Minnesota in January, if just for one short ride, on a sunny 30 degree day... get a lot of strange looks, with the top down in January.....
  8. F

you know your a redneck errr bikenut when.............

WOW!!- and I felt funny adding TWO bikes to my fleet in the past 3 weeks, and selling one... Nice Find!!
  9. F

OM flyer

Hey Kev, I will let you know if I get a 2008 OM flyer, and if I want to part with the yellow tires, Ed at Coloredtuffs.com is going to stock the tires also, I did just buy a 2006 black OM Flyer today, I might still get a 2008 when they come out....
  10. F

My New 24 inch Cruiser BMX...

Kev, That's an awsome cruiser, some might even call it Badd..... Please tell me it wasn't actually 45 bucks, that's the difference after selling some, right?? Either way awsome bike... I just sold my 24" S&M cruiser, to make way for my Quadangle, and my new, just picked up today, SE OM flyer 26"...
  11. F

OM flyer

Yep, the Happy meal reference is pretty funny... I love the gold anodizing myself, I am not too sold on the yellow tires, I will have to see them in person, I allready got a set of black gumwall comp 3 type tires for it.... :mrgreen:
  12. F

My new 5+pound Baby Blue bundle of Joy!

I bought the brown Sella Italia seat at a garage sale for ONE DOLLAR about 6 years ago, been saving it "just in case" a project came along for it... guess this was it.....
  13. F

OM flyer

Update on OM Flyers, here is a pic of the 2008....
  14. F

I love the matching Vans myself, I have been wearing Vans since about 1978 or so, used to make my mom drive me to scary Minneapolis to the "Alt" to get em, I believe I have about 8 pair of them here somewhere, some are 15 years old.....
  15. F

Well, here's the start to my BMX race bike build

Texasxxx- that's a cool frame, gonna be a great race bike... Kev, thanks for the link to Ginni's, I ahve heard of that, but hadn't found it, thanks again... Here is one inspirational pic of my new SE for ya....
  16. F

Thanks Kev, most of the parts off it are from an FMF complete bike I parted out, I went with a "new" style build, rather than retro, it has a crankset that has a modern Isis drive BB, and some pretty light and trick wheels, I am not real fond of the radial laced front wheel, but I might leave...
  17. F

I realize it's not a rat, but I love it, and SE was my first "good" bike, and I always wanted a Quadangle, so it's kind of a full circle thing for me, plus it's the 30th anniversary of SE Racing.....
  18. F

I also found a matching pair of Vans for this ride, I ordered these from Zappos.com on Saturday, they were here Monday!!! They are a nice SE brown, with baby blue piping, laces, and the coolest part to me is, the bottom waffle tread is baby blue!!
  19. F

Hey all, updated pics, got this thing built this weekend, rode it about 25 miles on Saturday and Sunday, it has a few details left to do, but it's done enough to ride for now....
  20. F

Critics needed.

Are you trying to advertise that YOU yourself fix bikes, or that ANYONE can fix bikes, and they can learn how at this website? If it's the anyone can learn one, then change the "I can fix it" to a "YOU can fix it", would make more sense to me... cool shirt though.....
Back