Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Need help identifying a fork

bought a niner today. My first mountain bike in 15+ years. It came with this green rockshox on it. His friend built this bike and he bought it because his friend needed cash and he was trying to help him out. The guy I bought it from replaced the original stickers with old school stickers. So...
  2. C

SOLD 2010 Felt Fat Tire Bike "New in Box" Dallas/Fort Worth

SOLD to FeltguySD!!!!!! thanks!
  3. C

SOLD 2010 Felt Fat Tire Bike "New in Box" Dallas/Fort Worth

Been Holding on to this one for a while, but I think I would like to pass it on to someone that collects these or someone else to enjoy riding it. It's brand new, box has never been open. Has been sitting in a spare bedroom for a few years. Would like to get $600 obo I may also consider...
  4. C

Felt : change to freewheel hub and adding disc brakes

yes, the Felt does have Horizontal Dropouts. I would think it would work. I just haven't been on here in so long that maybe there is a better kit to use than this? or if anyone has used this kit, what do they think about it.
  5. C

Felt : change to freewheel hub and adding disc brakes

I have never liked coaster brakes so I'm wanting to swap to freewheel. If I do that I need to install brake(s). I think it would be cool to put a disc brake on the rear and leave it at that. I'm sure it's possible but I'm wondering what the best diy bolt on way is. I havent been in here in years...
  6. C

Felt Bicycle Pics

It's nice to see a thread I created over 6 years ago is still going strong! I did a trade last night and picked up this Felt Little ........ I'm really digging it so far. It's pretty much exactly the way I would have built it myself. But will probably still figure out something to do to make it...
  7. C

bike movies

rad is the best movie ever!!!! I've seen it at least 200 times. (as a kid)
  8. C

Show us them cars!

Some more VW Love Traded my 2006 GLI on a 2010 GTI a few months ago. my last car
  9. C

Felt Bicycle Pics

just picked up my 2010 New Belgium Fat Tire Felt off craigslist a few minutes ago. here she is
  10. C

Chucka's Electra Build

for now, yes
  11. C

Chucka's Electra Build

So I had a conversation with my girl last night and we decided to buy me another bike and let her ride this one. (bonus for her showing interest in a hobby of mine) So now the plans are New seat New handlebars and grips Paint the Rims (they are very faded) the frame's paint is in great shape...
  12. C

Is stripping to metal that important?

From what I have read on here, most of you will strip the frame down to metal before you paint it. Is this necessary? Just wondering if I clean it real good and maybe get a brillow pad or some light sand paper then paint it if that will work? I did find a guy that will strip and powder coat...
  13. C

Chucka's Electra Build

Rooski. Couldn't get the weight of the bike. pulled my scale out and weighed myself first and it said I was 188lbs. I was happy with that number but I know I weigh about 235. So I tossed the scale in the trash. :( Sorry But I did take most of the bike apart, will need to get some more tools...
  14. C

Chucka's Electra Build

This will be a long ongoing thread depending on how busy work keeps me and my personal life. but thought this would be a good place to post pics as I do it. Scored a Electra Suzy Q off craigslist yesterday. Looks a little weathered but in great shape. Seat and grips need replacing for sure but...
  15. C

Electra Bicycle Pics

I originally wanted to do a matte black with red rims, but I'm kinda thinking I want to be a little more original with it. I don't know. also, this probably isn't the place to ask, can the forks be shortened?
  16. C

Electra Bicycle Pics

Here she is. Got a smoking deal on it Look for a build thread soon.
  17. C

Electra Bicycle Pics

picking up a Suzy Q later today if all goes well. I'll post pics later. I will be stripping it down for some custom paint.
  18. C

My Felt Sunliner Project

does look good! and I'm sure you can find someone to buy the original wheels/tires. i know i would :)
  19. C

Felt Bicycle Pics

My opinion would be to find a used one so you have all the parts there. it was a good idea for them to sell a Frame kit, but for the price you can find a used one, take it apart and customize it for cheaper. I found my 1903 for $160 on craigslist. Even $300 for a used Felt would be good...
  20. C

AVERAGING 5-6 NEW MEMBERS A DAY

I'm pretty new and have very few posts but I get on here 5-10 times a day. I may be kinda quite at first, but once I start building my first bike I will be posting all the time!!
Back