Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. HotRodRob

* farm fresh 1940 Dayton bigtank*

That is one sick find!
  2. HotRodRob

My Oldest Balloon Tire Yet...ZEP!

The one in the background is my 36 CCM
  3. HotRodRob

My Oldest Balloon Tire Yet...ZEP!

Sure don't see many of these in Canada. In fact, in the 8 years I've been playin with bikes it's the first I've seen, and the guy I bought it from had just brought it the day before from the U.S. My initial plan was to buy it and flip it but plans have changed. I love this thing! Not sure if...
  4. HotRodRob

Bridgestone Penny Farthing and CCM Parts Cabinet

Stellar oddball scores this weekend! First I picked up this mini penny farthing made for Bridgestone. Only ever seen one other one before and the price was right, so I had to have it. Would love some more info on this bike if anyone has any. And then I picked this up from a shop that is...
  5. HotRodRob

1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

Ya, that was the plan, but I couldn't find any at the time and it wasn't really in my budget either. It's up to the new owner now(my cousin), which he is planning on for the spring.
  6. HotRodRob

1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

Thanks a lot! Ya, nothing but Chinese made junk comin out of Canadian Tire these days.
  7. HotRodRob

New Balloon Tire Available

Just heard back from the John, that is selling them on ebay, that 3-4 weeks the blackwalls will be available.
  8. HotRodRob

New Balloon Tire Available

Are these available in blackwalls? I could use a set for my pre-war Rollfast.
  9. HotRodRob

1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

Thanks guys. I had a really hard time letting this go once I finished it, but the excitement my cousin had when he saw it was all worth it, and he has packed the miles on it already. Sure is a different feel being true fixie and having to slow down by resisting with you legs. It burns!
  10. HotRodRob

1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

Now time for some assembly. I think the vintage dropbars just make this bike. Had a hard time finding these whitewalls, but they are perfect. The combination of the rim style and tires looks typical '50s. Red rims with what mimics trim rings and whitewalls just top it off I think...
  11. HotRodRob

1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

Now for some paint. My first time doing scallops. Tried to copy original CCM style scallops. Wasn't super pleased with the outcome but they'll have to do.
  12. HotRodRob

1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

I did this build back in August, but haven't had internet to keep an updated build page so this is going to be a barrage of start to finish pics. I had collected all the parts for this build over time but when my cousin was over for a visit, he saw the frame and asked what the plan was for it...
  13. HotRodRob

Been A While

Ya, totally. Bigger projects for sure, which is fine. And definately no paths to ride on but I'm only about 5 minutes from a small town which I can take my bikes in to ride the streets but I have yet to do that.
  14. HotRodRob

Ribbed bike tires

Maybe it was these you saw. http://www.jeraldsulky.com/ProductDetai ... ctCode=26J
  15. HotRodRob

40's Rollfast

I've had this little beast marinating for some time now. It's time to ressurect this baby. Gonna start tearin it down tomorrow and blasting all the house paint off of it. Thinkin of goin with a brushed bare metal look with some awesome pinstriping.
  16. HotRodRob

Been A While

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been on here. Since May. :oops: Forgive me! I was really busy fixin my house up and selling it and moving out to the country to a new house. Now I have some property(compared to the city) and some room to work on all my projects. With the cold weather and...
  17. HotRodRob

THE NAME OF THIS PLACE

I say leave the name. Now being a tradition style hotrodder, the initial use of the word "RatRod" I think was not taken well because it pertained to cars that were cobbled unroadworth death traps. Although lots of them look cool, I absolutely hate when someone calls my Deuce a ratrod just...
  18. HotRodRob

Sunday's Find - 50's english? - Benched for good

Re: Sunday's Find - 50's english? Nice find Jim! Those drum hubs are schaaaweeet!
  19. HotRodRob

Sunshine, What's it's story?!?

Not a bad buy at all for $40. Sunshine bikes were made in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. They only made bikes from about 1949-1952. I have had a few and haven't found anything on how to break down the serial number, if it even means anything. Good luck with the build!
  20. HotRodRob

Its Old but Is it Worth it?

I like the way you think :lol:
Back