Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

Bicycle Hospital

I'm from Indy and went in there with pictures of my bikes asking if the guy would have parts to sell for my projects. He is a real space cadet and was trying to talk me into some health diet. I have no idea where all that came from. I just wanted some tires and sprockets. Haven't been back in...
  2. E

Salt Racer

Thanks guys! I'm flattered by the compliments. Very humbling indeed. Sure is cool to be in touch with a bunch of guys who like cool bikes. Now I'm working on my next motorcycle, but this won't be my last bicycle. Thanks again and I'll post pics when she's totally done.
  3. E

Salt Racer

Well, as usual, my design took a different direction. Not quite the salt racer I planned, but cool nonetheless. I changed my mind and went with something a bit more practical to ride. All that's left is to make some grips and tweak the tensioner and she'll be done.
  4. E

Anyone tried Auto Air Colors?

I've painted my red bike and my first leaf spring bike with those paints. I also did a two motorcycle gas tanks with them. They work ok, but you have to use a urethane clearcoat over them. Their appearance is pretty grainy, but when you get the clear on it's cool. They are finiky with drying...
  5. E

Salt Racer

So I got a little more progress done on the bike. But, I don't know if it's taking the "salt racer" look I had planned. I put this front end on and am not really sure about it. Anyway. I'm sure I'll make another one soon. But, I'm going to ride it with this one for a while. Overall, the...
  6. E

RRBO4 POLL

I love the black and tan too, but am I missing something? Isn't that frame modified? Adding a bar to it seems like a modification to me? But I have to admit I don't really know the rules to the build-offs so that may be allowed as a non-modified.I also probably shouldn't be interjecting in these...
  7. E

Skip tooth

So I randomly bought an old skip tooth sprocket and crank off ebay the other day. Just got it here today. I thought about using it on my new project, but I'm not really sure I can. I had no idea how large those sprockets were! It's half again as big as a normal cruiser sprocket. I'm guessing you...
  8. E

Salt Racer

First off, thanks again for all the compliments. It's cool you guys like what I'm doing here. I just now got a delivery! Bought a cool skip tooth and crank off ebay. Think it will compliment the bike nicely. I just hope I don't have the same problem I had with the first bike I did like this. I...
  9. E

RRBO4 POLL

From my stand point I say if you exclude people, than this site isn't really doing what it's mean to do. That is...let everyone have fun and join in with bikes in general. Sure, I may be able to build my own frames, but that doesn't mean I have any more money in it than some guy who buys a donor...
  10. E

Salt Racer

by all means...copy away! Can't wait to see it with a trike. I am actually going to make a bolt on trike kit that I can use on this frame. Thought it would be cool to have two in one! Thanks for the compliments.
  11. E

Salt Racer

A little progress. Went with a leafspring like my other build. Hopefully I'll be done in a week or so. Modified a few measurements on the swingarm to get her right. Think it's going to look pretty cool.
  12. E

Flipping Cruiser Frame Upside Down...

Re: Time for a new project... Very cool. I like it a lot. Love the flip flopped frame! Rock on.
  13. E

Help ... Aluminun Wheels

I wouldn't think the wheels would fade very fast. Just look at A&N fittings. They're anodized red and blue and seem to last years. All of the vintage Indy cars I work on have them from the 70's...still in decent shape. Just my .02 cents.
  14. E

What do you guys think..BF Goodrich bike

Would you like me to contact the guy about you getting it? I would gladly pick it up for you and ship it to you. I would really like to see this thing go to someone here...afterall...we're a ratrod group and all buddies. Just let me know and I can get it...providing it's still there.
  15. E

Yeah, that's what I had. And I agree, it's not the "coolest" bike, but it was a lot nicer than this bike...basically all I'm saying. Plus I'm the only one who's seen it in person. I guess I should have had someone with more experience and an "eye" with me, outcome may have been different...
  16. E

I do have to say I'm a little surprised at how many here would pay that much for this bike without seeing it. But then again, I don't know a whole lot about old bikes. Either way I can't justify $90 for that bike. I don't have that kind of cash to throw at something like that. The fully custom...
  17. E

He's a nice guy so dealing with him is easy. But he makes his living selling stuff so I'm guessing he needs all of the $90 for the bike. If you get it for less, let me know. I'd be interested in seeing if he sells it for less.
  18. E

It's yours maddogrider. I offered $75 for it and he didn't take it. It's been repainted...poorly and has paint all over the fenders and rims. The frame is pitted in areas pretty badly. I'm not 100% sure the badge was just placed on there by someone...may not go with the bike. I just didn't see...
  19. E

Thanks guys. I'm leaving in the next few minutes. I'll post back when I get home.
  20. E

So I'm going to look at this bike in a couple hours. What do you guys say about it. I don't know too much about antiques, but thought this is cool. However...he wants $90 for it. I don't know about that price myself.
Back