Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

Schwinn Cross bikes ,The original Hybrid

It’s hard to believe these bikes are close to thirty years old . I think I’ve been lucky to find two of these great riding bikes . I have a CrissCross and a CrossCut . Both have been overhauled with new wheels, gears, and brakes . The cranks and chainrings are original.
  2. U

Well , I went in a different direction.

About my Mixte build and about , the Schwinn Continental frame and the Raleigh Super Course frame . After a lot of swapping , cussing , banging knuckles , and carrying frames up and down the garage steps , I finally decided on a frame to build myself a single speed road cruiser . I built this to...
  3. U

Mixte build

Thinking of dragging out my Raleigh Olympian Mixte frame and putting something together to ride . Will most likely be a single speed . or maybe a two speed kickback , if it’ll fit . I'm going to see what size tire on a 26” wheel will fit the rear . Maybe a 700C up front to make sure the cranks...
  4. U

Fourth of July parade bike

I found out after this years Fourth of July , that our town‘s 4th of July parade Is for golf carts and BIKES . It got me to thinking of building a specific bike bike to hopefully ride in next years parade . I have a few old frames left from my yard sale days, most are either too big or too...
  5. U

Good day for yardsales

I had a good day at yardsales yesterday . I actually had to quit and go home , I ran out of money . LOL I picked up an almost new step-thru cruiser . two Specialized Hard Rocks , and a Kuwahara men Japanese road bike that's was a perfect fit for me ; something I'd been looking for a couple of...
  6. U

The one that got me started

Bought this one at a yardsale a couple of years ago ; now there's 20+ in the garage . LOL FatTires
  7. U

Rat Rod Drag Races ??

I've heard of bike racing on the road or touring , BMX, racing at the velodrome, even Xgames , but I haven't found anything about bike drag racing . It seems RatRods would be perfect for this. Maybe single speeds only on a 1/4 mile track . Or have different classes with a multi- geared class...
  8. U

Huffy Classic Mixte

I didn't know Huffy made a Mixte . I found this one this morning at a yardsale . I bought it for the brake levers and rear rack . But once I got it home , I can see potential . LOL Came with the, IMO, ugly blue panniers . FatTires
  9. U

Huffy Concours

I need to remember to take pictures before I start tearing one apart . LOL Anyways when I was finished what I'd done today , I did take a few of a Huffy Concours . I picked this one up at a storage facility sale last fall and it's been up in the attic of my garage until today . I've removed...
  10. U

FatTires

Hi folks , I just found this place and before I read the intro for RatRod I didn't know that was what I'd been riding(ratrods) off and on since a teenager . I always enjoy putting whatever I can find together and adding my on little flare to it. I mostly swap parts around from bikes I buy at...
Back